http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7016-ally-continue-your-magnificent-support

RANGERS manager Ally McCoist has thanked fans for their incredible support and urged them to continue backing the Light Blues in the Championship next season as the Club looks to return to the very top of Scottish football.

The League One Champions are just one step away from completing the journey back to the top flight and the 2014/15 campaign is sure to capture the imagination with Hearts, Hibs and Rangers all competing in the second tier.

The players return to training later this month before heading to Northern Scotland, America and Canada in preparation for what is sure to be an exciting league and Ally has paid tribute to the fans who have followed the team in huge numbers at Ibrox and the length and breadth of Scotland.

Over 100,000 season tickets have been sold in the past three seasons and with renewals for 2014/15 encouraging, the manager wants supporters to continue backing their club.

He told RangersTV: “The fans have been and always will be the lifeblood of this club. They support us in incredible numbers and the team and the staff don’t have any doubt that we can rely on the continued support of our fanbase.

“I would take the opportunity in thanking the fans for their continued, unbelievable support. In the last few seasons we have had somewhere in the region of 90,000 season tickets which is a quite unbelievable statistic. I would like to pay tribute to them by thanking them and again we wish them to come with us on the journey.

“It will be a tougher journey next year but we want them to come with us, hopefully all the way.

“They are absolutely fantastic and I can sense a different excitement within the fans I speak to as well.

“They obviously enjoyed the adventures of the last couple of years and they have been adventures – they have been great going to places like Peterhead, Annan, Berwick and Montrose and all these places last year.

“I think there is a sense of excitement because we are nearing the big time.

“The majority of the teams we play against this year will be full time. The standard and quality of opposition will be greater this year and I can genuinely feel an excitement from the fans.

“They have been through this whole journey with us. I make no apology for stating they are the best supporters in the world, they really are, and we feel we can absolutely rely without any doubt on their continued support for next season and following seasons.

“Their backing means so much. Out there at Ibrox it goes without saying the support the fans give the team is absolutely wonderful. But also away from home they have travelled the length and breadth of the country to follow the Rangers.

“It has been amazing how they have just turned up and taken over villages and towns all over the country. It has been magical, it really has. A lot of the journeys will be a little bit more central for our supporters but I fully expect Dumbarton, Kirkaldy and Dumfries to be taken again next over next.

“They will be out there at Ibrox in massive, massive numbers supporting us at home.

“It only seems like yesterday we finished up but you can feel the excitement building up, it is wonderful.

“Obviously we have been joined in the division by Hibs, who from their point of view sadly lost a play-off game with Hamilton. But I tell you what, it doesn’t half make our league interesting.

“Hearts and Hibs - fantastic clubs, great clubs, great history and ourselves of course.

“It will all make for a very exciting season. The fact that everyone is already talking about it will indicate that it will be very well supported - both by the supporters and indeed the media.

“I am looking forward to a wee break but certainly looking forward to getting back for pre-season training and the start of the season.

“The fans have been absolutely unbelievable in the last two or three seasons. What a league (next season will be) for them.”

Season tickets will be on general sale from Monday (9 June) from rangers.co.uk, Rangers Ticket Centre or by calling 0871 702 1972 (calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras).

There are already a few folk claiming a mini victory because he deliberately doesn't say 'buy season tickets'. Who knows?

There are already the usual suspects accusing him of selling out despite the fact that he doesn't ask fans to buy season tickets despite what must be enormous pressure on him to do so from the board.

I think it says more that our manager can't be completely clear about recommending season tickets while, once again, the club shirk from examining why sales continue to be currently so 'slow' compared to previous seasons.

I'm glad the manager is praising the loyalty of fans and hopes we're able to continue the journey together but the message he's offering adds little to the debate.

I think it says more that our manager can't be completely clear about recommending season tickets while, once again, the club shirk from examining why sales continue to be currently so 'slow' compared to previous seasons.

I'm glad the manager is praising the loyalty of fans and hopes we're able to continue the journey together but the message he's offering adds little to the debate.

which is McCoist at his political best - he couldn' add anything to the debate without publicly taking sides. He has clearly refused to throw his weight behind the board by not asking fans to by STs but done so in a way that doesn't leave him open to sanctions by his employer.