Yes those fans, do you have a problem with that? Would the have been a better word choice? I doubt it matters, the point is clear.

Forgive me, I thought that you had previously stated that you wouldn't be back until McCoist was gone. Again, apologies.

Watching that I would say a huge number of people of the room were disrespectful. The murmur of chit-chat was very loud and had a lot of people moving around. Shouldn't happen during a speech. At least the hecklers actually seemed to be listening to most of it...

To me, fan ownership is Santa Claus stuff, it is ridiculously unrealistic.

I don't believe there is another support on the planet like ours and that is not a compliment btw. We have sat back for decades and accepted lies, mediocrity, verbal kickings, moonbeams, this and that and done absolutely nothing about it. Such a large fan base cannot change over night indeed it hasn't changed in a decade, there is no chance of it happening now. It's the stuff of fantasy thinking it can.

Fans take responsibility for our club, a club supported by millions, turning over millions and responsible for hundreds of employees? They can't even take responsibility for themselves.

I didn't see people clamouring for fan ownership when SDM was flashing trophies in our faces every yer. Now we don't like the board we want to take over? Get real.

As for the RST........God help us.

The RST arrived in a treble-winning year while Murray was in charge and put fan representation and fan ownership on the table. The Rangers Assembly only exists because of the RST and now the club is talking about a membership scheme - and this all goes back to the RST wanting democratisation and genuine representation at Rangers. Of course the Assembly and the proposed membership scheme are effectively worthless, but the club knows that it has to con fans into thinking that they have meaningful input.

If we need God to help us with the RST, who do we pray to when the next Craig Whyte or Charles Green turns up? You are holding the door open for these guys. You are allowing them to walk in and do what they want - unchallenged - and look where it has got us.

Your opinion of the Rangers support is very low, and I share that cynicism up to a point, but I believe that it can change and that we can get off our knees, stop worshipping anonymous suits, and become a mature, responsible and fully democratised football club.

Our deferential attitude is holding us back. When we learn to modernise this old dinosaur, because that's what Rangers is, we'll wonder why it ever took us so long to get a handle on a brighter and more enlightened way to organise the club that means so much to us.

Watching that I would say a huge number of people of the room were disrespectful. The murmur of chit-chat was very loud and had a lot of people moving around. Shouldn't happen during a speech. At least the hecklers actually seemed to be listening to most of it...

It's just another example of a poor choice of medium for such engagement.

Our deferential attitude is holding us back. When we learn to modernise this old dinosaur, because that's what Rangers is, we'll wonder why it ever took us so long to get a handle on a brighter and more enlightened way to organise the club that means so much to us.

Cheers Hildy, i couldn't agree more with that bit. :clap:

You are too clever for me to argue the rest with you, i have my opinions and with what i have seen from our fans over the years i don't see it changing. Right or wrong.

The RST arrived in a treble-winning year while Murray was in charge and put fan representation and fan ownership on the table. The Rangers Assembly only exists because of the RST and now the club is talking about a membership scheme - and this all goes back to the RST wanting democratisation and genuine representation at Rangers. Of course the Assembly and the proposed membership scheme are effectively worthless, but the club knows that it has to con fans into thinking that they have meaningful input.

If we need God to help us with the RST, who do we pray to when the next Craig Whyte or Charles Green turns up? You are holding the door open for these guys. You are allowing them to walk in and do what they want - unchallenged - and look where it has got us.

Your opinion of the Rangers support is very low, and I share that cynicism up to a point, but I believe that it can change and that we can get off our knees, stop worshipping anonymous suits, and become a mature, responsible and fully democratised football club.

The RST and its members get up off their arses and try to do something. Others snipe and talk like know it alls. I know where my thanks goes. My simplistic view.:)

Agreed, very poor behavior. Rather embarrassing in fact. Downright bad manners.