Miller, Boyd and now talk of Cowie, all decent players and teams do need experience in the squad, but if you add in the present 'experienced' players, you have to wonder what the plan is.

Is it a cunning plan ?

The one where everyone expects something different after the business review and they do the same as always ?

or

Also shows that people often make their mind up about something while completely ignoring the facts. Statistics is a dirty word when they are inconvenient to an opinion.

Which facts are these? The fact that we only played 2 youngsters regularly last season despite being in the third tier of Scottish football? The fact not a single new youngster got introduced last season on a regular basis? The fact we continued to stick with the favourites once the league was wrapped up? The fact that the Dundee Utd team that beat us had an average age almost 6 years lower than ours?

The fact he lists McKay as someone to 'look at', yet he was punted out to Greenock and appears to have little future speaks volumes. He might be inconsistent but he still got over 20 assists the season before last and would have been a far better option out wide than Peralta.

The more he says, the easier it is to imagine that he has actually thrown himself into the ring with the board(s).

I don't think that is accurate.

I often drone on about multi-layered gravytrains at Rangers and Ally has been with many others, a benefactor of the gravytrain that traditionally runs within the footballing operation. The more relatively recent arrival of the gravytrain that runs in and around the boardroom is a different animal.

What Ally has done IMO, is along the way facilitate the running of the boardroom gravytrain or decife/refuse to do anything meaningful that might threaten it. This usually happens when both trains have a vested interest.

At the same time, it needs to be said that Ally is in a difficult politcal position if he wants to maintain his role as manager.

However I don't buy the line that it is better that Ally is on the inside because he has been used by the sp.ivs to greater effect than anything going the other way.

1) I don't think Aly has what it takes to be a great manager

2) I think he has insisted that the correct portion of the turnover is spent on players because the support deserve it

3) I think he is a bastion against the capitalist bastards running the club and their board puppets, and without him a layer of protection against them might be gone.

4) I think that's why he's not walking away because I don't think he needs the money

I don't think that is accurate.

I often drone on about multi-layered gravytrains at Rangers and Ally has been with many others, a benefactor of the gravytrain that traditionally runs within the footballing operation. The more relatively recent arrival of the gravytrain that runs in and around the boardroom is a different animal.

What Ally has done IMO, is along the way facilitate the running of the boardroom gravytrain or decife/refuse to do anything meaningful that might threaten it. This usually happens when both trains have a vested interest.

At the same time, it needs to be said that Ally is in a difficult politcal position if he wants to maintain his role as manager.

However I don't buy the line that it is better that Ally is on the inside because he has been used by the sp.ivs to greater effect than anything going the other way.

Perhaps I was a tad strong. Mutually beneficial is probably a more accurate description.

I disagree about him being in a difficult position with regard to his role. He will still hold a lot of goodwill within the general support, even accounting for the poor standard of football, and sacking him would lead to greater unrest. Both he and the suits know that is the case.

1) I don't think Aly has what it takes to be a great manager

2) I think he has insisted that the correct portion of the turnover is spent on players because the support deserve it

3) I think he is a bastion against the capitalist bastards running the club and their board puppets, and without him a layer of protection against them might be gone.

4) I think that's why he's not walking away because I don't think he needs the money

1. He doesn't have what it takes to be a mediocre manager.

2. Or he doesn't have the ability to sign cheap and develop players and needs to work with the best he can no matter the consequences.

3. He is as big a puppet as anyone.,

4. He's not walking away because his ego wont allow him to and he is earning a ludicrous wage he wouldn't get anywhere else.