1. He doesn't have what it takes to be a mediocre manager.

2. Or he doesn't have the ability to sign cheap and develop players and needs to work with the best he can no matter the consequences.

3. He is as big a puppet as anyone.,

4. He's not walking away because his ego wont allow him to and he is earning a ludicrous wage he wouldn't get anywhere else.

1) aye ok

2) tell me something I don't know. However the support deserve a reasonable proportion of the turnover be spent on the team....he's right there

3) no he isn't..............eg. he hasn't endorsed the season ticket sale

4)...you've got your opinion....I've got mine

A big reason for Ally not to walk is that I doubt he thinks he's doing a shit job - which given his results is a pretty reasonable assessment ie not shit. I would guess he sees himself as trying his best under great pressure with the poor tools he's given, and ruing the fact he doesn't have the resources and the lack of strange obstacles of previous managers.

I doubt those that think he is shit would be able to explain it to his face without looking a complete fool.

As I said before, if you were playing one of those football manager's games, had all the weird stuff thrown at you like Ally did, but you still had his results and then were fired, I'd bet you'd be furious and asking for your money back. I think quite a few would give up much earlier in disgust at unfairness of the game...

you can only guess what Aly thinks.

My guess is he sees that the first part of the job is done,

he knows we need a more technical manager..............but he's trying to shield us from the stock market wide boys

I reckon he'll move over when the club is in safer hands

it's only a guess mind you

I keep hearing how he's working under different circumstances than previous Rangers managers. That is correct, although not in the way people who defend him spin it.

No other Rangers manager has ever been able to have a 3 year period where they have had no pressure from the board despite doing a woeful job. No other manager has came up against teams like Peterhead, Annan etc. on a weekly basis. No other manager in our history has ever went 3 years without a major cup and remained in a job(I think). No other manager has had 3 years to build a squad to compete with the scum without having to face them once.

He may have had it tough off the field, on it though he has had it easier than any manager in our 142 year history and he's still been a failure.

A big reason for Ally not to walk is that I doubt he thinks he's doing a shit job - which given his results is a pretty reasonable assessment ie not shit. I would guess he sees himself as trying his best under great pressure with the poor tools he's given, and ruing the fact he doesn't have the resources and the lack of strange obstacles of previous managers.

I doubt those that think he is shit would be able to explain it to his face without looking a complete fool.

As I said before, if you were playing one of those football manager's games, had all the weird stuff thrown at you like Ally did, but you still had his results and then were fired, I'd bet you'd be furious and asking for your money back. I think quite a few would give up much earlier in disgust at unfairness of the game...

Football flourished as a spectator sport due to the entertainment that was served up by the players on the pitch. It is supposed to be enjoyable to watch. Introducing computer games into the equation doesn't make your argument any more engaging.

I keep hearing how he's working under different circumstances than previous Rangers managers. That is correct, although not in the way people who defend him spin it.

No other Rangers manager has ever been able to have a 3 year period where they have had no pressure from the board despite doing a woeful job. No other manager has came up against teams like Peterhead, Annan etc. on a weekly basis. No other manager in our history has ever went 3 years without a major cup and remained in a job(I think). No other manager has had 3 years to build a squad to compete with the scum without having to face them once.

He may have had it tough off the field, on it though he has had it easier than any manager in our 142 year history and he's still been a failure.

/ thread.....

"Poor tools he's given" and "unfairness"

£730k per year salary, an SPL standard squad over 30 men deep, a whole entourage of sports scientists, coaches, doctors and physios, a world class training facility and £8m a year to throw around in wages. And up against the countries weakest, poorest and most mediocre clubs.

LMFAO. Aye, that's poor, it's just so unfair. Bet he would much rather have Inverness, Dundee Utd or Queen of the Souths resources and the wages the likes Gardner Spiers, Jackie McNamara and Gary Bollan take home!

Honest to God, i swear he doesn't read half the stuff he posts.

You are aware it doesn't even watch Rangers games Ryan? His opinion of Ally and the team is taken from looking at a league table!