This would be an extremely unambitious and underwhelming signing. We need to be clearing out dead wood and bringing in quality, not keeping our dead wood and supplementing it with more dead wood.

to see us winning the spl with darren mcgregor in the team.

your funny.

There is no SPL, but I reckon we'll win the Premiership one day in the not too distant future. It is at times rather staggering to read people essentially blasting such signings, without having seen the player that often (if at all) and not giving him the chance to prove whether he can rise to the occasion. Sure, we have signed loads of "bad" folk over the years, but if McGregor proves to be only a quarter as good as Weir or Berg or Dailly, he'll improve our current squad. And whether he'll stay on for 6 more years to do a Weir is anyone's guess. Maybe it should be time for some to actually start filling their glasses, for it seems those are not even half empty. No-one expects you to dance jigs about it either, BTW.

There is no SPL, but I reckon we'll win the Premiership one day in the not too distant future. It is at times rather staggering to read people essentially blasting such signings, without having seen the player that often (if at all) and not giving him the chance to prove whether he can rise to the occasion. Sure, we have signed loads of "bad" folk over the years, but if McGregor proves to be only a quarter as good as Weir or Berg or Dailly, he'll improve our current squad. And whether he'll stay on for 6 more years to do a Weir is anyone's guess. Maybe it should be time for some to actually start filling their glasses, for it seems those are not even half empty. No-one expects you to dance jigs about it either, BTW.

we have 1 player of the requisite quality and our board spent 2 months trying to sell him recently.

we have 1 player of the requisite quality and our board spent 2 months trying to sell him recently.

Why is it that people need to write half-info like the above?

Who are you talking about? I assume it is Wallace and one wonders who's the one "in the know" here.

Why is it that people need to write half-info like the above?

Who are you talking about? I assume it is Wallace and one wonders who's the one "in the know" here.

common knowledge in glasgow.

i am not saying anything controversial here. wallace spent 2 months december and jan trying to sell him and he refused to leave. you can tell me i am talking shite again if you please but once again it will make it no less true.

Putting Dailly in the same bracket as Weir and Berg. Bizarre.

common knowledge in glasgow.

i am not saying anything controversial here. wallace spent 2 months december and jan trying to sell him and he refused to leave. you can tell me i am talking shite again if you please but once again it will make it no less true.

Reading your initial post made me think that they were actively trying to sell him "recently", when you were actually talking about the turn of the year. A misunderstanding then and I can't remember telling you or anyone that s/-he is "talking shite". Though one might draw and quarter a list of synonyms to get to this conclusion ...

with this Board and management the glass isn't so much half full as lying in shards on the floor.