The board of Rangers (the “Board”) can confirm that approximately 17,000 season tickets have been renewed to date for the Club's forthcoming SPFL Championship season.

This level of renewals reduces the potential requirement for short term financing as highlighted in the Business Review Summary published on 25 April 2014 particularly given the updated season ticket pricing structure for the 2014/15 campaign.

Applications for new season ticket purchases opened on Monday and sales of season tickets are continuing. The Club very much looks forward to welcoming more supporters back to Ibrox for what promises to be an exciting league competition.

The Board believes that whilst this level of support reduces the potential requirement for short-term financing the Board also notes the strategic objectives that it identified in the Business Review Summary published on 25 April 2014 and the related funding requirements. The Board continues to evaluate its plans in this regard and will update the market in due course.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7059-season-ticket-sales

This level of renewals reduces the potential requirement for short term financing as highlighted in the Business Review Summary published on 25 April 2014 particularly given the updated season ticket pricing structure for the 2014/15 campaign.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7059-season-ticket-sales

I'd say the opposite is true.

Seem to be saying no need for the widely reported share issue of 43.4M shares to existing shareholders.

Also saying that further cutbacks on the business review proposals to be implemented.

What other plans will they have to make up what is a significant shortfall ?

Auchenhowie ?

What this may point to is sp.ivs not wanting to buy more shares but perhaps using the family silver instead.

I can't see how financing isn't needed. Even adding a 33% premium to all tickets sold (which is too high) then club doesn't have enough money to see out the season. Not without drastic cuts or other investment.

The Rangers support has spoken and the board cannot hide from this any more.

I'd say the opposite is true.

Fancy T4C nails it

Seem to be saying no need for the widely reported share issue of 43.4M shares to existing shareholders.

Also saying that further cutbacks on the business review proposals to be implemented.

What other plans will they have to make up what is a significant shortfall ?

Auchenhowie ?

What this may point to is sp.ivs not wanting to buy more shares but perhaps using the family silver instead.

I can't see how financing isn't needed. Even adding a 33% premium to all tickets sold (which is too high) then club doesn't have enough money to see out the season. Not without drastic cuts or other investment.

They may plan to get to the autumn and look to raise equity as per business review but:-

- would need 75% vote at an EGM.

- would be using monies raised for working capital in good part.

- would be a very difficult sell

Shortfall of 20,000 tickets. Any normal business posting such losses would result in the type dismissals we desperately need.

The board are mocking the support and saying "We now have enough to be getting on with and we reckon that you will return either by way of a ST, or on a game by game basis."

This statement buys them some time and nowt else.

I'm not into slating the fans that have renewed,however the fans that have renewed are surely backing the board,no?, I've chosen not to renew my ST because of the actions of the board!.

I'm not into slating the fans that have renewed,however the fans that have renewed are surely backing the board,no?, I've chosen not to renew my ST because of the actions of the board!.

There will be many who have renewed even though they don't back the board, although their actions have, indirectly, helped to ease the pressure on them.