I'm not into slating the fans that have renewed,however the fans that have renewed are surely backing the board,no?, I've chosen not to renew my ST because of the actions of the board!.

People take their own economic decisions and make their choices.

However and IMO, funding the executive board is like giving tacit approval to a process that will have Rangers join the list of Coventry, Leeds, Portsmouth....

The alternative isn't clear or painless but we'd at least have a chance to build a solid and honest base, allbeit we might need to take a step or two backwards first.

I'm not into slating the fans that have renewed,however the fans that have renewed are surely backing the board,no?, I've chosen not to renew my ST because of the actions of the board!.

No. Everyone I know who has renewed don't back the board.

One argument is that by not renewing you are forcing the board into a sale and leaseback. It's not an argument I believe but it makes as much sense to me as saying that renewing will somehow force the board into resigning.

50% drop in sales in the retail sector, would automatically remove a CEO, but not at our club. Should the 50% not renewing plus the previous numbers going game by game, added together gives them some cash flow. The board will be counting down the seconds till the start of the season, as it stands it's stalemate.

50% drop in sales in the retail sector, would automatically remove a CEO, but not at our club. Should the 50% not renewing plus the previous numbers going game by game, added together gives them some cash flow. The board will be counting down the seconds till the start of the season, as it stands it's stalemate.

At Rangers they give their CEO a 100% bonus for his time if it sees both the share price and ST numbers cut in half.

King and Co. started their boycott campaigning just ahead of the ST renewal stuff. It obviously had an impact on renewals. Yet, there it essentially ends. The normal sale of ST tickets has started now and King and essentially all the boycott folk have gone rather quiet, leaving many previous ST holders with the option of losing their place or getting it back from the new season while it is still available. I doubt for a second that the board is happy with ST sales, but they essentially can't do much about it. What your everday fan observes is that we sign players, do not sell/loan/lease-back our assets and the anti-board brigade is rather quiet and essentially can't do anything. I'd assume that by the start of the season we may have sold 25k ST, but more importantly, people will probably stream into Ibrox if nothing of the horror-scenarios projected by King and Co. come to pass, which may well lead to weakening his position in the future.

What irks is that - shrewd businessman that he supposedly is - he knew full well that any ST-Trust stuff was a non-goer from the off (yet continued to promote it) and that for all his statements of intent with regard to investment, he wouldn't do it outwith a new share issue. Yet, as the review explained, the company was not in the position to do this - if I understand it correctly - under stockmarket rules. From the outside, King lead the support down "the garden path to board removal", many obliged and then that path trailed off and we all were left standing in the dark. As much uninspiring as some of the actions of the board.

50% drop in sales equals bonus to this mob.

At Rangers they give their CEO a 100% bonus for his time if it sees both the share price and ST numbers cut in half.

Let's be honest here, they give him a 100% bonus to ensure that he stays on message and keeps his mouth shut. For those reasons, he deserves every penny of it.

Wouldn't make any difference if he was removed or not if the same powers appoint his replacement. They are all just pigs in the trough. Those "replaced" are only nominally so - most of them are still hanging around, getting their cut.

Let's be honest here, they give him a 100% bonus to ensure that he stays on message and keeps his mouth shut. For those reasons, he deserves every penny of it.

GW: If you want me to go along with what others who have a tendancy to bullshit say, you'll have to pay me 600K+ salary.

DS: Couldn't do that, wouldn't go down well but we could perhaps do something that has precedent at Ibrox.

GW: What's that ?

DS: Pay you half of that in salary then the other half via a bonus that we can design to be assured.

GW: Sounds good, I'll bring up my 'empty corporatespeak dictionary'.

GW: If you want me to go along with what others who have a tendancy to bullshit say, you'll have to pay me 600K+ salary.

DS: Couldn't do that, wouldn't go down well but we could perhaps do something that has precedent at Ibrox.

GW: What's that ?

DS: Pay you half of that in salary then the other half via a bonus that we can design to be assured.

GW: Sounds good, I'll bring up my 'empty corporatespeak dictionary'.

:D You were in the room!