Getting the thread back on track.......

I think that today's annoucement and the provisional cold water it pours on the 43.4M shares being offered to existinfg shareholders is something that isn't getting the attention it deserves.

Where in the business review they said that it would be used for a significant shortfall, now they are saying it might not be needed but at the sametime announce a significant shortfall.

------------------------------------------

Can they have reasonable expectations of a sudden very long queue forming up at Ibrox ?

Are they doing anything different to make it happen ?

When will they make a final decision if short-term measure is required or not ?

Getting the thread back on track.......

I think that today's annoucement and the provisional cold water it pours on the 43.4M shares being offered to existinfg shareholders is something that isn't getting the attention it deserves.

Where in the business review they said that it would be used for a significant shortfall, now they are saying it might not be needed but at the sametime announce a significant shortfall.

------------------------------------------

Can they have reasonable expectations of a sudden very long queue forming up at Ibrox ?

Are they doing anything different to make it happen ?

When will they make a final decision if short-term measure is required or not ?

They talk of a reduced chance of short term financing being needed in the first paragraph and go on to discuss funding requirements related to the review in the final one.

It's vague enough to not back them into a corner while at the same time being clear enough to satisfy the AIM requirements. They will not get through the season on ticket sales alone.

I don't see how with these disastrous figures the board can possibly continue to turn away my and my fellow rangers1972 pledges.

We needed 40k sales to remain a going concern.

They will turn them away in the knowledge that they will get a large proportion of it between now and the end of the season anyway. It still won't cover it mind, but then again neither would accepting the pledges.

They talk of a reduced chance of short term financing being needed in the first paragraph and go on to discuss funding requirements related to the review in the final one.

It's vague enough to not back them into a corner while at the same time being clear enough to satisfy the AIM requirements. They will not get through the season on ticket sales alone.

The board are in essence saying that the business review wasn't really that important.

That we'll bring the likes of Kenny Miller and Spin-doctors in but that fancy modern infrastructure stuff like 'scouting' etc. can go hang.

IMO it helps expose them and their 120+ days of buying time....which when you think of it was just a different and more elaborate way for Wallace to put over his empty corporate speak.

They will turn them away in the knowledge that they will get a large proportion of it between now and the end of the season anyway. It still won't cover it mind, but then again neither would accepting the pledges.

they wont get a penny off me and i Can't see how our auditors will sign them off as a going concern.

The board are in essence saying that the business review wasn't really that important.

That we'll bring the likes of Kenny Miller and Spin-doctors in but that fancy modern infrastructure stuff like 'scouting' etc. can go hang.

IMO it helps expose them and their 120+ days of buying time....which when you think of it was just a different and more elaborate way for Wallace to put over his empty corporate speak.

You're dead right, it's always about buying more time. More time to scheme, more time to bluff, more time to see those already wavering on season ticket purchases finally giving in as 'Wallace says it's all ok at Ibrox now'.

This news isn't really surprising but i was expecting fewer to be sold IMO.

Despite the 33% increase in ticket prices - it might be worthwhile noting that the board may be planning on the remaining 17,000 season ticket holders (or a proportion of) will be opting to attend matches on a game by game basis which as we know, would result in an increase in the ticket revenue across the season. However due to the cash reduction from the ST sales, there will be a shortfall in the cash levels across the season which does tie in with the statement in the fact that cuts will be made to try and minimise the outgoings,

It really is grim but it wouldn't surprise me if the board are comfortable knowing that fans will turn up game by game, especially since Hearts and Hibs are in the same league as we are.