Seems to me that the 17k gives them a base to continue trading while rely on matchday ticket sales which are a pretty good bet once the season gets going. That's an unknown quantity that they are betting on - as well as a tranche of new season ticket sales and some late renewals. I think 17k gives them a playable hand before the flop.

This news isn't really surprising but i was expecting fewer to be sold IMO.

Despite the 33% increase in ticket prices - it might be worthwhile noting that the board may be planning on the remaining 17,000 season ticket holders (or a proportion of) will be opting to attend matches on a game by game basis which as we know, would result in an increase in the ticket revenue across the season. However due to the cash reduction from the ST sales, there will be a shortfall in the cash levels across the season which does tie in with the statement in the fact that cuts will be made to try and minimise the outgoings,

It really is grim but it wouldn't surprise me if the board are comfortable knowing that fans will turn up game by game, especially since Hearts and Hibs are in the same league as we are.

The cuts refer to the business review.

This was said to be fundamental to the club going forward.

In your analysis, the club seem to be gambling that matchday income will cover the shortfall.........but do they/ can they spend money on infrastructure with money that isn't guaranteed ?

They said they would fund any shortfall and thus provide funds with which to implement business review.

They now announce a shortfall but say they might not need to fund it (and the business review which was "vital" can go hang).

Doesn't make sense unless they are chancing barstewards.

Several weeks past, I did a couple of pragraphs entitled, 'Doing the Arithmetic'. The figure breakdown for renewals, pledging to the Dve King initiative, and non-renewals have pretty much panned out. The largest grouping is non-renewal and I would subscribe a considerable percentage of that figure is done to the standard of football we have endured these last 2-3 seasons. It's another aspect of club administration tht this Board have failed to deal with, among numerous others.

In conclusion, I suspect the nature of competition in this season's championship, will see an average of mid-40k crowds at Ibrox. Thevslicers will probably still get their dosh, they will just have to wait longer for their booty. The rotisserie will turn slower and it will take longer for the roast to drip, perhaps they will invest in rotisserie alarms?

It may be both Hearts and Hibs relegations have provided the most important slice upon the Board's daily bread, that of luck. In the original piece I explained Abe Lincoln's journey to, 'doing the arithmetic'; another General coined an equally famous phrase. Napoleon kept his armies up his sleevies and cut off every intelligence officer briefing on the merits of the opposing General by demanding, "stop tellingme how good he is, tell me is he lucky"?

Will our Board continue to be lucky?

Several weeks past, I did a couple of pragraphs entitled, 'Doing the Arithmetic'. The figure breakdown for renewals, pledging to the Dve King initiative, and non-renewals have pretty much panned out. The largest grouping is non-renewal and I would subscribe a considerable percentage of that figure is done to the standard of football we have endured these last 2-3 seasons. It's another aspect of club administration tht this Board have failed to deal with, among numerous others.

In conclusion, I suspect the nature of competition in this season's championship, will see an average of mid-40k crowds at Ibrox. Thevslicers will probably still get their dosh, they will just have to wait longer for their booty. The rotisserie will turn slower and it will take longer for the roast to drip, perhaps they will invest in rotisserie alarms?

It may be both Hearts and Hibs relegations have provided the most important slice upon the Board's daily bread, that of luck. In the original piece I explained Abe Lincoln's journey to, 'doing the arithmetic'; another General coined an equally famous phrase. Napoleon kept his armies up his sleevies and cut off every intelligence officer briefing on the merits of the opposing General by demanding, "stop tellingme how good he is, tell me is he lucky"?

Will our Board continue to be lucky?

Although it's purely a guess, I don't think the average crowds will get near to the mid 40's.

My guess would be mid to late 30's.

Last year 30,000 fans renewed their ticket with only 6000 sold via public sale - half of those in the first week of the public sale (9-17th July 2013).

That means sales are at least 14,000 down compared to last season - although obviously we're around a month earlier in the sales period.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/4392-30k-renew-before-public-sale

MORE than 30,000 fans have renewed season tickets for 2013/14 and Rangers Manager Ally McCoist has thanked the supporters who have given the club such incredible backing yet again.

Season tickets go on public sale this week – from Tuesday 9 July – and McCoist has paid tribute to the Light Blue legions for their phenomenal support.

He said: “Our fans have backed the club yet again in great numbers and I can’t thank them enough for their continued support.

“Stage two of the journey back to the top of Scottish football is well underway and the new players we have added to the existing squad are all excited at the prospect of playing in front of a packed Ibrox once again throughout 2013/14.

“On behalf of everyone at the club, I would like to thank all the fans who have taken the time to renew their season tickets ahead of this week’s public sale.

"More than 30,000 fans have already renewed and I have no doubt our magnificent fanbase will continue to back their club in huge numbers once again throughout the campaign ahead and beyond.”