17k is a shocking number, especially when one of the board's spin doctors or leaks was briefing folk in the press weeks ago that sales were good and up around 20k.

The market announcement is equally as confusing as it is worrying because it can be read in different ways.

The cuts refer to the business review.

This was said to be fundamental to the club going forward.

In your analysis, the club seem to be gambling that matchday income will cover the shortfall.........but do they/ can they spend money on infrastructure with money that isn't guaranteed ?

They said they would fund any shortfall and thus provide funds with which to implement business review.

They now announce a shortfall but say they might not need to fund it (and the business review which was "vital" can go hang).

Doesn't make sense unless they are chancing barstewards.

I do think that they are gambling with the matchday income in that they anticipate it will cover the running costs. Problem is that we have seen last season that we have burned through a lot of cash and since we dont have a great deal to show for it - we are left to assume that by the board taking this approach with the income - they wont be investing in much this season and will only try and hang.

My opinion is now that DK NEEDS to come out and make more than a statement - a gesture of some kind. With this news coupled with the Share Issue news over the past week, it is clear that things are not really hanging together well and i cant help but think that the 'conflicting messages' must form part of the strategy to try and draw out some potential buyers or investors. Might be wishful thinking though....

DK to volunteer to underwrite this share issue if he is allowed to?? That gesture would certainly throw the ball back in the boards court.

I do think that they are gambling with the matchday income in that they anticipate it will cover the running costs. Problem is that we have seen last season that we have burned through a lot of cash and since we dont have a great deal to show for it - we are left to assume that by the board taking this approach with the income - they wont be investing in much this season and will only try and hang.

My opinion is now that DK NEEDS to come out and make more than a statement - a gesture of some kind. With this news coupled with the Share Issue news over the past week, it is clear that things are not really hanging together well and i cant help but think that the 'conflicting messages' must form part of the strategy to try and draw out some potential buyers or investors. Might be wishful thinking though....

DK to volunteer to underwrite this share issue if he is allowed to?? That gesture would certainly throw the ball back in the boards court.

This really I DK's last chance IMO. He's said too much already without actually doing anything other than grandstanding on the sidelines

17k is a shocking number, especially when one of the board's spin doctors or leaks was briefing folk in the press weeks ago that sales were good and up around 20k.

The market announcement is equally as confusing as it is worrying because it can be read in different ways.

I'm not getting excited nor deflated about the numbers Zap, because i think there a small element of Toxic Jack and spinning here. As one poster has pointed out the wheels haven't come off the gravy train yet but they are begging to spin on the tracks a little.

I'm not getting excited nor deflated about the numbers Zap, because i think there a small element of Toxic Jack and spinning here. As one poster has pointed out the wheels haven't come off the gravy train yet but they are begging to spin on the tracks a little.

Sad to hear though isn't it when some so-called Rangers supporters see this as some kind of victory?

FWIW I think there's 2 main reasons for the lower than expected figure for ST Sales:-

1) the standard of football endured most of last season

2) supporters believing If they somehow withhold their ST money DK & co will take over the club

1) is something the board must decide. Personally I'd get rid off McCoist as soon as possible money permitting even if at the end of next season

2) just isn't going to happen & people need to realise this

That's the cost of keeping Ally and his pals in a job.

The manager and his staff will be playing a part in these numbers, but not a major part, only a small one.

There's probably an element of spin in the wording, but not in the renewal numbers announced because they couldn't get away with lying about that. The 17k figure is worrying for the Club and no matter how they try to spin it, they're going to need to get the fans back on side pronto or the Club could be in big trouble.

The manager and his staff will be playing a part in these numbers, but not a major part, only a small one.

Absolutely. I believe the board could win back a lot of support and renewals by removing them and replacing them with people more suitable. Not that i believe they have the ability or desire to do that of course. Which begs the question, why don't they want more fans to renew? Why not be more open and transparent, why not give fans what they want? I am guessing that we will be losing millions of pounds in lost revenue every year because of fans being unhappy at one thing or another at the club and not much seems to be being done to sort those issues.

Absolutely. I believe the board could win back a lot of support and renewals by removing them and replacing them with people more suitable.

There's no guarantees. Depending on who they appointed it could work either way because one man's idea of "people more suitable" is rarely shared by the next man. It would basically be a very risky strategy and a big gamble because next season is going to be tough for us and the last thing we need is an upset dressing room.

This board are no great shakes by any means, but they aren't daft enough in the current climate and poor relations with fans to sack the manager because of the ST renewal numbers because there's no way they'd get away with trying to spin it that Ally is the main reason for such poor numbers. Tactics like that would upset the playing squad, a lot of staff at the Club and a huge number of fans.

The only way Ally will get his marching orders (or walk) in the near future is through a lengthy run of poor results and dropped points in the Championship.