Friday, 13 June 2014 15:00

Hutton Extends Ibrox Stay

Written by Rangers Football Club

63c93e81db7dddac66e11434d16d9cd2_XL.jpg

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7061-hutton-extends-ibrox-stay

RANGERS midfielder Kyle Hutton has agreed a one-year deal with the club.

The 23-year-old was out of contract in the summer but has now extended his stay at Ibrox having signed a new deal this afternoon.

Hutton, a product of the Murray Park youth academy, has fully recovered from the injuries that reduced his playing time last term and will return to the training ground with the rest of the squad later this month to prepare for the 2014/15 Championship campaign.

He said: “I am absolutely delighted to sign a new deal with Rangers. You never want to leave a club like this so I am over the moon to agree a new contract.

“There are a lot of good midfield players at Rangers but I am confident in my ability and I will work hard to try and get a place in the team.

“It was frustrating to miss so much of last season through injury but I am fully fit and ready to play a part in our rise back to the top.

“I had a great pre-season in German last year and was feeling sharp but then I picked up an injury in training and that set me back. I have worked hard during the summer on my fitness though and I feel great so I can’t wait to get started again.

“Next season is going to be an exciting one with Hearts and Hibs in the same division and they will be good games for the fans to look forward to.

“I have played in some great games for Rangers in my career, the highlight was against Manchester Utd in the Champions League, and I want to help the club get back to the highest levels of the game once again.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7061-hutton-extends-ibrox-stay

I thought he was playing well before his last injury, last gasp saloon for him.

How many players contracts are up in a years time ?

He should have been last gasp saloon before his last contract.

He is awful, a lazy lazy centre midfielder. And quite frankly a lazy signing from our management yet again.

Pathetic decision all round.

How many players contracts are up in a years time ?

Quite a lot. On top of Hutton the following player contracts all run out next summer:

Ricky Foster

Lee McCulloch

Bilel Mohsni

Seb Faure

Darren McGregor (optional 1yr ext')

Steven Smith

Ian Black

Jon Daly

Kenny Miller (optional 1yr ext')

Scott Gallacher

Kyle McAusland

Ross Perry (might be leaving this summer)

He should have been last gasp saloon before his last contract.

He is awful, a lazy lazy centre midfielder. And quite frankly a lazy signing from our management yet again.

Pathetic decision all round.

I think he's good enough backup as a squad player for next season, but I'd love to know how much his contract is worth because if we had any sort of longer term vision being used to build our squad we'd be shipping out the mediocrity and trying to bring in more quality in preparation for our top flight return.

Quite a lot. On top of Hutton the following player contracts all run out next summer:

Ricky Foster

Lee McCulloch

Bilel Mohsni

Seb Faure

Darren McGregor (optional 1yr ext')

Steven Smith

Ian Black

Jon Daly

Kenny Miller (optional 1yr ext')

Scott Gallacher

Kyle McAusland

Ross Perry (might be leaving this summer)

Sound strategy from McCoist.....replace the whole team for the 1st charge @ the SPFL.....:facepalm:

With Hutton, Black, Law and McLeod all competing for the central midfield spots, surely it rules out any more signings in that area.

We still need at least one decent wide player with pace I'd say

And a decent RB