So long as it keeps him from re-signing for us....

Barry Ferguson has been appointed player-manager of Scottish League Two side Clyde, with Malky Thomson named as his assistant.

The 36-year-old replaces Jim Duffy, who left the club to take over at Morton .

Ferguson spent the second half of last season in caretaker charge of Blackpool and guided the Seasiders to safety in the Championship.

It is understood the former Scotland and Rangers captain's deal with Clyde runs until 2017.

In a statement on the club's website, Clyde chairman John Alexander said: "We are delighted that Barry has committed himself to taking Clyde forward as player-coach.

"He won us over with his vision for developing our squad and commitment to building on our existing youth policy, as he establishes himself as a manager in the Scottish game.

"We undertook a thorough recruitment process and we were fortunate to have many quality candidates keen to be involved with Clyde."

The Bully Wee reached the League Two play-offs last season after a fourth-place finish, but were beaten in the semi-final by East Fife.

Would rather have a 40 year old Ferguson playing for us than the absolute dross we currently have.

I think this is the second time we disagree SC - Ferguson will always be welcome back at Ibrox for me and was a joy to behold in his first spell. Also had the highest pass completion rate in the Premiership with Birmingham.

Scottish football is fucking shite and Ferguson was a real continental player, phenomenal talent than would have been nurtured far better in foreign countries.

I largely ignore the current shite we have and like to dream about De Boer, Laudrup, Albertz, Gazza, Vank Bronkhorst etc. Barry Ferguson was very much of the same ilk, brought up by our youth development. A legend forever.

Legend is a bit ott. He is a wee ned who totally underachieved in the game. I don't like him and will never forgive him for his part in Le Guens downfall.
A bit much like.

Guy gave his all for the gers, and the second time round was immense