Fergusons shooting was very very poor. Could count on one hand how many times he hit the target from outside the box in his whole career. His array of passing was also limited imo but he did have nice technique, i do give you that. His nicknames were the Crab, Ma Baw, Barry Backwards, Ned, i think they were accurate mate.

The best he could do was a transfer to a mid table English club under a guy who regularly done our club favours. Lambert went onto win a European cup and run riot in the Bundesliga with one of Europes biggest clubs, also captaining one of Celtics best sides of recent times. There is absolutely no comparison to be had there.

All in all i believe he was vastly overrated by some yet underrated by others. Certainly not a legend though.

Fergusons shooting was very very poor. Could count on one hand how many times he hit the target from outside the box in his whole career. His array of passing was also limited imo but he did have nice technique, i do give you that. His nicknames were the Crab, Ma Baw, Barry Backwards, Ned, i think they were accurate mate.

The best he could do was a transfer to a mid table English club under a guy who regularly done our club favours. Lambert went onto win a European cup and run riot in the Bundesliga with one of Europes biggest clubs, also captaining one of Celtics best sides of recent times. There is absolutely no comparison to be had there.

All in all i believe he was vastly overrated by some yet underrated by others. Certainly not a legend though.

When Pirlo or Xavi pass the ball sideways they are applauded for their ball retention skills. When Ferguson did it he got criticism because it's not the done thing in Scotland. In England with Rovers I'm pretty sure he got the record man of the matches on the trot. He was doing pretty well until a collision with Speed dislocated his knee cap. At Birmingham as I said previously, he had the best pass completion in the Premiership.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1323450/Barry-Ferguson-pass-master.html

PS - You say his shooting was very poor but he scored 18 goals in 02/03

When Pirlo or Xavi pass the ball sideways they are applauded for their ball retention skills. When Ferguson did it he got criticism because it's not the done thing in Scotland. In England with Rovers I'm pretty sure he got the record man of the matches on the trot. He was doing pretty well until a collision with Speed dislocated his knee cap. At Birmingham as I said previously, he had the best pass completion in the Premiership.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1323450/Barry-Ferguson-pass-master.html

PS - You say his shooting was very poor but he scored 18 goals in 02/03

I remember him making an art of runs into the box getting on the end of 1 2's and flick ons around that time but it's also cemented firmly into my head how poor his shooting was.

Brahim Hemdani also passed the ball backwards and sideways and he was lauded for it, i loved him. He was a class act.

There was just something about Ma Baw i didn't like, aside from his disgusting attitude and I am Mr Rangers arrogance. Maybe i just expected more from him after his one and only good season in 02/03.

I ain't a fan of looking at pass completion ratios tbh, anyone can pass a ball 3 or 4 yards to a team mate. Well, almost anyone! :D I'm of course thinking of Seb Faure and Ricky Foster! Lol. I prefer contribution, like his 02/03 season where he was brilliant in a very good team it has to be said.

I remember Hemdani getting a fair amount of hate on FF and RM though that's not surprising given the quality of the clientèle. I agree he was excellent, phenomenal against Lyon.

One argument I have seen is that Hemdani is so poor that he couldn't find a club after us. As if he couldn't have found a club if he wanted to. Any SPL team outside the old firm for a start would have given their left nut for him if they had the wages.

As for anyone managing 3 or 4 yard passes, try telling that to the teams we have had under Walter in his second spell and Ally. We rarely seem to manage more than 2 passes at the best of times!

We will agree to disagree here, I guess we are not always going to completely agree on everything :D!