That doesn't really benefit the club either though.

I'm doing my bit as best I can mate.

My sons strip for instance, if you can prove to me our club don't make any money from it I will take it straight back to them tmrw morning. It cost around £70. How much of that will the club get compared to what we got from JJB?

I'm doing my bit as best I can mate.

My sons strip for instance, if you can prove to me our club don't make any money from it I will take it straight back to them tmrw morning. It cost around £70. How much of that will the club get compared to what we got from JJB?

As far as I'm aware we haven't received a single penny from the Rangers Retail joint venture and won't until Ashley decides to pay a dividend, that's why although Stockbridge included £1.7m cash from the joint venture in the accounts the money however was "not readily available to the club", although technically the club own 51% SportsDirect's 49% outvotes the club in all matters financial as they effectively have 98 votes to the clubs 51.

It is undoubtedly one of the "onerous contracts" Wallace mentioned in his review.

Ironically enough the JJB deal turned out to be one of the finest deals the club has ever done.

Rangers fans say no to Charles Green return.

RAGING Rangers fans have condemned claims Charles Green is set to launch a new bid for control of the club.

And fans chief Drew Roberton insists the controversial former chief executive would not be welcome back at Ibrox.

It has been reported that Green is seeking financial backing for a fresh bid to regain control of Rangers, with the BBC claiming that he has held talks with potential investors.

In May 2012 Green led a consortium which bought Rangers and then raised £22million from a share issue.

But he was forced to resign from his position in April 2013 over allegations of links to former owner Craig Whyte – although he denied any wrongdoing.

An independent investigation, commissioned by the Rangers board, found no evidence of links to Whyte.

Green returned to Ibrox for an 18-day stint as a paid consultant last summer but was soon out of the door again and sold his shareholding in the club to Sandy Easdale, chairman of Rangers football board.

Despite Green’s exit there have been fears among fans that he still wields influence at Ibrox – but Roberton, general secretary of the Rangers Supporters’ Association, would be stunned if Green was able to wrestle back control. Roberton said: “I certainly don’t think this would make the relationship between board and fans any better, would it?

“Any involvement by Green would be viewed with scepticism. I doubt if anyone seriously thinks this is a step in the right direction.

“It’s not as if Rangers were heading in the right direction, financially, under his stewardship before. I just don’t get it – and I can’t see it happening.

“It would be astonishing if he was allowed back in.

“You couldn’t script this. It’s like an Ealing comedy or something. I’m astounded – but then nothing surprises me any more.

‘The only thing I can think is that Charles doesn’t like the way things are going and thinks, in his mind, that he can put things right.” Rangers plan to launch a new share issue in a bid to raise £8m.

And Roberton wonders if news of a Green bid would be to generate interest from potential investors and boost the share price.

He said: “If he is serious, though, the question is: ‘What’s in it for him?’ It’s difficult to see his involvement being in the best interests of Rangers.”

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/482614/Rangers-fans-say-no-to-Charles-Green-return

Many Rangers fans have stopped going to Ibrox. Their reasons are many, but defective ownership and rotten football feature prominently in why a trip to Ibrox is no longer desirable.

Instead of arguing about who is giving money to the club and who isn't, the argument should be how our increasingly desperate situation is to be resolved. Those whose loyalty demands that they buy merchandise and/or attend games are well-intentioned and sincere, but they are no better or worse than those who have stopped funding a club that has a professional standard that is both shameful and inexcusable.

Those who keep paying money to the club are not at fault, but neither are those who have chosen not to. Forget about fan oneupmanship. Think instead about constructive solutions. We have a million opinions but very few offer anything other than to mark time until we are either rescued or condemned.

Not surprised to see Charles Green trying to come back on the scene but it wont happen.

Somebody somewhere must know what his role is for sure behind the scenes.

Agree with Hildy above, constructive solutions is the way forward yet I don't believe that a number of fans out there have already wont have any good ideas, with the numbers we have there will be some clever bears out there.

Im still waiting for the headline DK takes over though, he must be one person with a plan in place but the silence is deafening again.

Edited by Gribz

Not surprised to see Charles Green trying to come back on the scene but it wont happen.

Somebody somewhere must know what his role is for sure behind the scenes.

Agree with Hildy above, constructive solutions is the way forward yet I don't believe that a number of fans out there have already good ideas, with the numbers we have there will be some clever bears out there.

Im still waiting for the headline DK takes over though, he must be one person with a plan in place but the silence is deafening again.

You'll have a long wait for DK to take over. If he really does have the wealth to acquire Rangers(which I doubt) then now really is his time.This whole episode where supporters are waiting for him to ride in and take over must be brought to a conclusion one way or the other.Either he does or doesn't.