SFA REJECT Approach For Walter Smith

There goes Walter's transfer kitty then!

That should be enough to convince them, although they might hold out for more given his sucess with the national team.

TBH 250,000 isn�´t much and for the SFA it wouldn�´t compensate them because a successful national team can fill Hampden where Bertie�´s Scotland couldn�´t other than the Saturday/big games.

This would be a real blow to Scotland though.

We�´d probably have Tommy Burns get the job.

TBH 250,000 isn�´t much and for the SFA it wouldn�´t compensate them because a successful national team can fill Hampden where Bertie�´s Scotland couldn�´t other than the Saturday/big games.

This would be a real blow to Scotland though.

We�´d probably have Tommy Burns get the job.

Hence the reason i said 'although'. ;)

Having Burns as manager wouldnt be a bad thing, he's been there longer than anyone else and knows what not to do (the Vogts way), i think it would be the best decision when WS and AM go.

I must be missing something here.

Now they are saying that if Smith resigns then Rangers will have to pay compensation. If Smith resigns of his own volition why is that anything to do with Rangers (technically) ?

If he resigned then surely under contract law the SFA would have to sue Smith for breach of contract and Rangers aren't involved at all. I admit that even if this were the case Rangers would pay any cost for the breach of contract - but technically surely Rangers wouldn't have to ?

I am being pedantic I know - sorry.

I must be missing something here.

Now they are saying that if Smith resigns then Rangers will have to pay compensation. If Smith resigns of his own volition why is that anything to do with Rangers (technically) ?

If he resigned then surely under contract law the SFA would have to sue Smith for breach of contract and Rangers aren't involved at all. I admit that even if this were the case Rangers would pay any cost for the breach of contract - but technically surely Rangers wouldn't have to ?

I am being pedantic I know - sorry.

I think if he resigns then its obvious he'll get the Rangers job within the next few days, but then the SFA could sue Rangers and/or WS for doing it that way.

Thats my understanding of it anyway, might be wrong.

I would think that if he resigned he would be in breach of contract which means the SFA could probably demand the cost of the remainder of his contract ie the amount of wages left to be paid to him. This is probably the 250k quoted.

I think it will be resolved quickly but the details are negotiable. Whether Walter stays on as Scotland manager is key in which case Rangers could pay his wages with him working for the SFA for free until the end of his contract which would pay for the compensation.