I don't think that's fair to be honest.

Sure, we're all big boys and shouldn't need guidance on our opinions. However, for many - myself included - not renewing our season tickets was a very difficult decision when we consider this will threaten the club's viability. Now, you or I may understand that tacit threat is part of the 'bargain' King is attempting to deal and patience is required. Fine, I get that. However, neither will I have my influence taken for granted.

Let's be candid. King's previous (and often verbose) statements were becoming tiresome without any real evidence of progress. As such, it made sense for him to retreat publicly while he did his work in the background. However, that was several weeks ago now and with no update of substance then we are quite right to ask are we to hold firm on our 'threat' to expedite change or is King's bid dead effectively making the chance of change null and void?

As Bluedell says, we can't criticise the board for being opaque when King is being equally less than forthcoming. That's nothing to do with self-belief - just being consistent.

I have no real belief in Dave King per se, but his most important act was coming out in public to highlight the atrocious way the club is being run and making the large rump of the support question themselves over whether they should continue to fund those now in charge. Whether he did this for purely selfish reasons is yet to be seen, whether he will follow up the original attacks with behind the scenes maneuvering is another imponderable.

What is not up for debate is that a sizeable number of the support have taken a stance against those who have, for decades, taken their financial support for granted. It happened before in the mid seventies/early eighties and resulted in a man of vision taking the bull by the horns, so all we can hope for is that the current actions can lead to another revolution.

This is something I don't agree with.....

King gives the impression that he is speaking for the fans, that they both share the same vision/goal......but if those same fans don't back his plans in huge numbers & buy into his scheme, it then gives the impression that he doesn't speak for the fans & weakens his argument.

I believe what King has done is made people question their "undying" loyalty to a degree. Fans are obviously thinking twice before putting more cash into the club - many of these folk also don't want to put their money into Kings scheme either.

Based on figures currently "oot there", we know that approx 18k ST have been sold. We are led to believe that 8-10k folk have signed up with DK. That still leaves circa 10k folk who just haven't renewed for whatever reason. What happens when the DK "trust" deadline passes....how many of the 8-10k will renew with the club.

What will be DK's stance once the deadline passes for his trust???

What will DK say IF St sales start creeping up closer to last seasons???

If DK is working with and for the fans....How is he interacting with them??? Does he know why 10k people haven't renewed??? What is he currently doing to promote the fans views etc???

You would be better putting those questions to The Gunslinger. I am not here to talk up Dave King or his intentions for the future.

maybe dave king should outline his master plan for us all to see

TBF he's already outlined it.

Have a share issue open to everyone and he'll pump in 30M of his own money.

That will then mean he owns the club and the club will be upwards of £30M richer.

What is the Board's plan to raise these funds?

TBF he's already outlined it.

Have a share issue open to everyone and he'll pump in 30M of his own money.

That will then mean he owns the club and the club will be upwards of £30M richer.

What is the Board's plan to raise these funds?

How will it mean that he will own the club? What about existing shareholders? What's his plan for them?

Saying that you'll stick £30m into the club without coming out to back it up doesn't really mean a lot. We've heard plenty of similar promises over the past 3 years, albeit King did do it in the past.

How will it mean that he will own the club? What about existing shareholders? What's his plan for them?

Saying that you'll stick £30m into the club without coming out to back it up doesn't really mean a lot. We've heard plenty of similar promises over the past 3 years, albeit King did do it in the past.

what about them?

they've appointed a Board that has bankrupted the club.

Anyone putting in £30M will own the club out right - end of story.

at current share prices 30 million would buy the club 2 or 3 times. even allowing for existing shareholders it would give him 50 percent even assuming a large take up by existing shareholders.

as for king not doing it. he made his offer and it was rejected. the board even smeared him instead of just saying no.

what about them?

they've appointed a Board that has bankrupted the club.

Anyone putting in £30M will own the club out right - end of story.

It depends how the share issue is structured. If a new class of share is introduced, for example, then he may not own the club outright.

It's easy for King to say "I'll invest £30m" but that's not a plan in itself and he just appears to want the current owners to walk away for nothing or give up their controlling issue for nothing, neither of which s really dealt with in his bland "I'll invest £30m"

I'm sure Whyte said he had invested £18m and look where that cash came from.

We need King to come up with a realistic plan and not something written on the back of a fag packet.