Trust Calls for ââ?¬Ë?Clarity, Direction and Leadershipââ?¬â?¢ at Rangers

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/news/2007/080107.html

08 January 2007

Trust Calls for ââ?¬Ë?Clarity, Direction and Leadershipââ?¬â?¢ at Rangers

The Board of the Rangers Supporters� Trust have watched with dismay at the events unfolding at Ibrox in recent weeks.

The Trust repeats its public call for clarity, direction and leadership.

- Clarity

We are entitled to know why the Club�s former Manager and former Captain were allowed to conduct a public dispute, which led to both of them losing their positions. We are also entitled to know precisely what role everyone played in this.

- Direction

We urgently require the appointment of a top class managerial team and the acquisition of quality professionals befitting of the team jersey. No-one is indispensable and no-one is bigger than Rangers Football Club.

- Leadership

Most importantly, we now need a tangible, public indication that the ambitions of the Rangers support are matched by the Club�s Board and that the necessary investment and strategies to deliver on those ambitions are in place. We call on Sir David Murray to publicly address the Rangers support as a matter of urgency.

The Trust has called for an urgent meeting in the next few days with Sir David Murray which he acknowledges and has agreed to meet as soon as is practical.

Look forward to hearing the results of the meeting Frankie.

It is an absolute shambles right now and i dont think even SDM can talk his way around this one without taking some kind of action.

Cant add much more to that, your three headings are exactly what needs to be aired to the fans, although im not so sure he'll give as much details as we wouls like on the PLG/BF saga.

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/news/2007/080107.html

08 January 2007

Trust Calls for ‘Clarity, Direction and Leadership’ at Rangers

The Board of the Rangers Supporters’ Trust have watched with dismay at the events unfolding at Ibrox in recent weeks.

The Trust repeats its public call for clarity, direction and leadership.

- Clarity

We are entitled to know why the Club’s former Manager and former Captain were allowed to conduct a public dispute, which led to both of them losing their positions. We are also entitled to know precisely what role everyone played in this.

- Direction

We urgently require the appointment of a top class managerial team and the acquisition of quality professionals befitting of the team jersey. No-one is indispensable and no-one is bigger than Rangers Football Club.

- Leadership

Most importantly, we now need a tangible, public indication that the ambitions of the Rangers support are matched by the Club’s Board and that the necessary investment and strategies to deliver on those ambitions are in place. We call on Sir David Murray to publicly address the Rangers support as a matter of urgency.

The Trust has called for an urgent meeting in the next few days with Sir David Murray which he acknowledges and has agreed to meet as soon as is practical.

He´ll give you a couple of juicy bits of info re PLG affair aslong as you agree not to tell anyone. (how accurate they are we´ll never know/ the info he gives you will suit his side to the story.)

He´ll go over the appointment of WS/AMc saying the´ll be given money in summer without mentioning numbers (pie in the sky).

However the most important is his plans for the future of his chairmanship and strategy for the club. He can´t be allowed to continue with his lame-duck role preparing for the off which might be next year or the following etc.

I think that SDM is now backed himself into a corner, there is no way he can keep his credibility without some releasing of the purse strings.

To fail with one manager on a budget is unfortunate, to fail with two managers on a tight budget is careless, to try and fail a third time would be plain foolish.

I have no doubts that Walter Smith will demand reasonable, significant but obviously not excessive funds.

He has talked DM into it before and I'm sure in his present bargaining position he can do it again. He's on a nice number with Scotland right now with his reputation soaring, he's not going to risk that to inherit a pathetic Rangers squad without any resources to strengthen it, nay rebuild it.

Ironically I am pretty confident that there will have been funds in place for Le Guen to spend in this transfer window and wouldn't be surprised if this was in excess of £4M.

However in my opinion he now needs to borrow and give Walter at least 12M to revamp the whole squad.

I'm pretty sure after that we can sustain a spend of about 5M a year as long as we keep wages under control and of course do passably well in Europe.

The difficulty we find ourselves in for about the third season in a row is how to get rid of terrible players on new fat contracts that outweigh their ability and make them incredibly unattractive to other teams?

Good post Frankie and I'm glad to see the Trust taking this up with DM as the way we've all been left hanging with no official word on what's happened is disgraceful.

I too think that Walter will need at least 5M now in addition to any money made by selling, if he's to have any hope of making second place comfortably. As for the end of the season, another 5M at least would be needed IMO.

As well as the difficulty of getting rid of players who are in contract at the moment, we have the added problem of replacing them with only 3 weeks or so left to do it. I know that sounds like a long time, but we're not the only club interested in certain players and some clubs like Hearts will do anything to make our life difficult as they just don't want to sell to us.

Ultimately SDM is accountable. Firstly is his ego, he can't bare to look like a failure or be villified like Romanov, it wouldn't be good for his businesses either.

Secondly, all it would take is for a huge season ticket boycott to get him to sit up and listen.

Even if he treats us as "customers" he can't take us for granted without losing a lot of money.

Celtic fans got rid of their board and if we really wanted to, we could easily do the same.

what difference will it make?

David Murray can do whatever he pleases and there is nothing the support can do about it!!

He can just sit back and do SFA

not for much longer

the natives are becoming restless

if there is not considerable investment/upturn in results

then D-Day could arrive end of Feb, beginning of March, this is when we play the UEFA, sellick and hibs away.

PS I've already posted about how it looks like he listens to the fans when it comes to managers.

You have to ask who wanted rid of Eck, who wanted Le Guen, who wanted him out again, and who wants Smith and McCoist?

Is he just doing is own thing totally against fans wishes? Don't think so.

PS I've already posted about how it looks like he listens to the fans when it comes to managers.

You have to ask who wanted rid of Eck, who wanted Le Guen, who wanted him out again, and who wants Smith and McCoist?

Is he just doing is own thing totally against fans wishes? Don't think so.

getting rid of eck, yes but he waited long enough.

PLG in, he was on to him (Nov 2005) when the press got wind of it and the murray via the press sold us the idea.

PLG out, he resigned (no compensation), but Murray to a degree went with the flow although he seemed to be ready for it (WS/AMc declared same day).

WS in, He´d made up his mind prior to the new year as to whom was coming if PLG was to go. A foriegner wasn´t coming and options for "a safe pair of scottish hands" weren´t thick on the ground.