The Second Semi Annual Gersnet Dinner

When should we hold the Second Gersnet Dinner?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. When should we hold the Second Gersnet Dinner?

• 27/09/2014 v Hibernian
    • 18/10/2014 v Raith Rovers
    • 08/11/2014 v Falkirk
    • 15/11/2014 v Alloa
    • Christmas/New Year
    • Feb/Mar 2015
    • End of Season

Now that the fixtures have been announced we can review options for the

The Second Semi Annual Gersnet Dinner

As a reminder -

The official result of the official poll for the second Official Gersnet Dinner was a draw:

Early Season - August/September 4 votes 40.00%

Autumn – October/November 4 votes 40.00%

In the posts on the thread some specific dates were highlighted:

Frankie (who was unable to attend the first dinner for the same reason) has weddings on the 8th and 9th of August.

JC said that he is doing the deed on the 24th August and then off for a European road trip for 10 days so anytime after about the 6th Sept suits him fine.

SC said not Aug 20 – 23 or the weekend of September 19th when he’s getting married.

There was a suggestion that we should avoid the September weekend as well, which is the following weekend of 27/28 September. Personally I'm not convinced that the September weekend is a big issue any more especially as we have an attractive fixture that weekend.

GS commented that if we have something reasonably early we can perhaps then have crimbo drinks.

STB pushed September/October time from the start.

Whilst it does seem reasonable to go somewhere in between the two winning time zones, which would argue for September or October (at the same time as accommodating GS’s comments about leaving the way clear for Crimbo Drinks - which someone else can organise thank you very much!), the recently announced fixtures have not been kind to us in that respect with only two home games over the two months:

27 September 2014 v Hibernian (September weekend, see above)

18 October 2014 v Raith Rovers

As I said before, I didn’t say anything before the poll because I didn't want to influence the voting in any way but I will be away from 12 October to 1 November and apart from ruling me out of 18 October, effectively that means that I cannot organise anything for after 4/5 October until about mid November, say the 15th/16th, which is the weekend Scotland play RoI (Friday 14th). (However, whilst I would like to be at the dinner, I don’t have any problem with someone else assisting or taking over if it is decided to go with the 18 October.)

We then have two home games in November 2014:

8 November 2014 v Falkirk

15 November 2014 v Alloa Athletic (may be postponed if Rangers have players in the Scotland squad)

which dates are within the poll result.

Given these limited options and despite the original lack of support in the poll for any dates in 2015, I think it’s best to have a new vote including the options in 2015.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

I will be over either Christmas or March however as I wont know until nearer the time I wouldn't be suggesting any specific date. As much as Id like to attend I will just wait to see what is decided.