Neutralscot's guide to creating a fan's revolution, and overthrowing the board.

Here is my plan complete with gaping holes for a velvet rangers revolution.

I believe currently the rangers support is too fragmented to be effective in achieving fan ownership in 2014, and efforts should be turned to season 2015-2016 by the end of the year if 'angel investors' have failed to remove the current board.

Goal - To create a consensus within the rangers support and eliminate economic uncertainty.

To buy the club for fan ownership.

To rebuild Rangers as a global player

Method - Conference to create united body

Use fans' season ticket money to buy shares

This is Plan Z - it assumes that any investor angels with normal sized hands predictably as usual have failed to walk the walk, and the support are totally on their own with no outside assistance.

I think fan ownership could be achieved by dangling this carrot in front of the 17,000 - from 2015 to 2016, a season ticket will entitle the purchaser to a full share in Rangers, and run for 3 years. I would expect around 100,000 tickets at £500= £50 million.

I would invite the permanently disappointing millionaires to invest, up to £50 million, and offer a seat on the board for such investment, (and most importantly for their contacts and business acumen) but weight supporter owned shares 2:1 over investor shares. So to recap £100,000,000 investment inwards in 3 years, but with season ticket revenue being used to buy out ****s, and with supporters owning 66.66% of club.

If the ****s won't sell, then they must be made aware that any plans they have for Ibrox RE sale leaseback, will not be acceptable. They must be made aware that rangers are willing to move to Hampden and possibly rebuild it with the SFA, if the conditions for Ibrox are not right. If this happens and the ****s sell Ibrox to property developers, they must be made aware that there will be continual harassment and civil disobedience on the site of Ibrox with the sole purpose of reducing the value and profit of the site. Any investors who refuse to sell at fair market value must be made aware that there will be a price to pay for this, and offices in London etc will be no protection from picketing supporters and economic pressure exerted form any avenue possible. There should be however, no ned behaviour like the hounding of BBC reporters, smashing windows at Pacific Quay for example. This needs perfect PR. And no neds.

Pre conference

1- Decide on chairman and decide on speakers. You'll need a couple of keynote speakers speaking for half an hour each, and say, 20 speakers speaking for 2 minutes each. The speakers must be representative of the support and include representatives for season ticket holders, supporters clubs and busses, international supporter clubs, websites (of which Gersnet must be one), and board members of the club, if they want to put their point of view across.

2- Decide on format - At start, conference should recap how rangers came to be an omnishambles, and why it is an omnishambles. After this, a keynote address laying out the options for the supporters, and how the conference will progress through the day. Then move onto numerous quick addresses from supporters' representatives, outlining the views of the support.

3- Lunch, then voting.

Conference

1- Hire the SECC or EICC.

2- Book a full AV package including projectors, screen, and digital voting system

3- Have prepared motions for conference. These will include:

a) Do you agree that today we create one organisation who's authority to speak for all supporters will be granted on achieving 50%+ majority, and the results of any majority votes will be respected and adhered to by the minority? YES/NO

b) Do you agree the supporters are the club, and we should own the club? YES/NO

c) Do you agree to offer to buy the shares of the current incumbents at fair market value? YES/NO

d) If they do not sell out their shares, do you agree to take a course of action which will potentially liquidate the 'company'? YES/NO

e) Are you prepared to start again in Division 2 if necessary? YES/NO

Vote on all of these and your own crafted (no pun intended) questions.

Appoint a permanent 'manager' for your new organisation. he must be of outstanding flawless character, liquid, and without any legal impediments.

Appoint a PR person untainted by Scottish nonsense. Try England for a robust PR professional. An attractive woman would be my sexist standpoint here, not some fat guy from Dennistoun.

I don't know how to finance PR people, permanent positions, hiring SECC etc - maybe DK could help.

Give your angel investors until November1st to provide a viable roadmap to fan ownership. After this it is closed to them and they must come through the fan's organisation in the future. Book SECC/EICC for Jan 31st. 2015. The results must be made available via a press release, and the current shareholder left in NO DOUBT, the consequences of their (in)actions.

Note - fair market value should be just above the asset value. The current board will try to manipulate the share price to gain a better position.

If season ticket cash is being used to buy shares then what will the club run on?

Note - fair market value should be just above the asset value.

What is the asset value of Ibrox? The net realisable value if yu were to sell it off or the value in the accounts. There's a difference of 10s of millions there.

I'd be hoping for a buy out costing around 20 million, and the first season supported by credit or the angel investors I've mentioned. Net realisable value of assets, not accounting tricks. Yes, it is a plan with gaping holes, looking for the likes of your good self to fill in the gaps

The idea of Rangers going back down to the bottom division again is preposterous. It's already going to take us several more years to get back on our feet without setting ourselves back another 5 years on top of that. It's simply not a viable or sensible option.

No, no one wants to go back divisions. Scottish football is dying without that happening again. You'd hope the threat would be enough and the company would be sold without further need for extreme measures. Ah well, my master plan wasn't so hot after all! Best of luck.

£50M for a seat on the Board?

aye right - the whole shooting match is worth about £15M to buy out right

I like the idea about "buying" the club as you purchase a season ticket but that would have worked better upon our demotion 2 years ago i.e. kept the price of the ticket where it was and given shares as value but that would have required foresight and decent people running it.

lets face it the fans missed their chance to buy the club when it was sold to greenco for a pittance.

£50M for a seat on the Board?

aye right - the whole shooting match is worth about £15M to buy out right

I like the idea about "buying" the club as you purchase a season ticket but that would have worked better upon our demotion 2 years ago i.e. kept the price of the ticket where it was and given shares as value but that would have required foresight and decent people running it.

lets face it the fans missed their chance to buy the club when it was sold to greenco for a pittance.

The support was ready to buy, the precursor to the RFFF was the "Buy Rangers" idea. That had millions in pledges, but it was strangled at birth for the fighting fund. I put £500 into the RFFF no regrets but in retrospect i wish it had gone into a Buy Rangers fund or maybe a split of the two funds.

I don't think the millionaire fans became millionaires by committing £50m for a minority shareholding.

Also, the whole start again, again idea isn't a goer for anyone bar the most gung-ho or desperate among the support. I've said this before and make no apologies for saying again - there are very few certainties during an insolvency event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk