Are we really to believe a middle eastern lawyer is the man making the hiring and firing decisions at Rangers Football Club?

after some of the happenings since that terrible February day I am keeping an open mind

after some of the happenings since that terrible February day I am keeping an open mind

Probably for the best but I think this goes a bit deeper than this Lebanese gentleman...

Green named him as an investor two years ago.

Green couldn't get his story straight on who was really behind BPH. He contradicted himself more than once on that issue IIRC.

Green couldn't get his story straight on who was really behind BPH. He contradicted himself more than once on that issue IIRC.

Merely pointing out that he wasn't an unknown, and as you say, the words of Green can't be taken as gospel. I would be surprised if this guy is involved any more than being there as a legal mouthpiece for others.

Green named him as an investor two years ago.

Green named him as a "legal beneficiary" not as an "investor".

CHARLES GREEN, Chief Executive, issued the following statement today:

“There has been renewed speculation and media comment recently regarding the current shareholders in The Rangers Football Club.

“A full list of current shareholders will be published in the share prospectus which will be issued within the next few weeks.

“A lot of attention has focused on investment funds which have taken a shareholding in the Club to date.

"For example, I would like to clarify that in the case of Blue Pitch Holdings, the legal beneficiary is Mazen Houssami and not Arif Naqvi of Abraaj Capital.

"Mr Naqvi is a personal friend of mine and I approached him early on in the process about a shareholding but he has not proceeded on the basis that the investment fell outside the core geography he invests in.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/2451-charles-green-statement

Green named him as a "legal beneficiary" not as an "investor".

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/2451-charles-green-statement

CHARLES GREEN has revealed two of the names involved in the Sevco consortium taking over Rangers - and he has insisted that interest is growing daily.

Speaking exclusively to RangersTV, Mr Green has identified Indonesian businessman Jude Allen and Middle Eastern lawyer Mazen Houssami as two of the key protagonists along with a Singapore Family Trust who are part of founding group of investors. However, since the takeover news broke last weekend Mr Green has been inundated with requests to join the consortium

He told Blues News: "I can now provide two names, as I have clearance to do so on their part, of investors who are on the list.

"One guy is Jude Allen who is an Indonesian investor and the second is a lawyer from the Middle East Mazen Houssami.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/1230-investors-revealed