If an elbow to the face gets eight games, how could Suarez get a 2-year ban from all football? That's just nonsense. The 'biting' thing is strange behaviour but it is not something which can cause serious injury.

Shearer has some nerve to make any comment after trying to boot the head off Lennon's shoulders! :D

If an elbow to the face gets eight games, how could Suarez get a 2-year ban from all football? That's just nonsense. The 'biting' thing is strange behaviour but it is not something which can cause serious injury.

Shearer has some nerve to make any comment after trying to boot the head off Lennon's shoulders! :D

Yes it CAN cause serious injury/illness. What if he is carrying some communicable disease ? He runs the risk of transferring that disease the moment he breaks skin on his opponent.

These incidents just prove that Suarez is dumb as fuck. If he was frustrated or annoyed it is very, very easy to punch a defender in the ribs without cameras noticing.... you make it look like a fair challenge but crack him in the ribs. Biting is very difficult to hide.

His World Cup will be over and he SHOULD get a two year ban, the maximum that can be handed out. He is an idiot. His actions screw his country from having a chance in the World Cup and, in all likelihood, his actions have just screwed Liverpool from competing for the league next year or have screwed them on a massive transfer fee for him.

The only thing Shearer did wrong is that he didn't actually boot Lennon's head off :P

The guy acts as if he's one of those kids who isn't quite right (to put it politely) and ends up getting shipped out of mainstream primary education into a special school for repeatedly biting his classmates in fits of madness. It's like he's still that troubled child who's grown up in body, but not in mind.

The statement just there from his lawyer was an embarrassment. not a hint of an apology or remorse. Basically blaming it on a European conspiracy and that Italy and England are to blame because Uruguay knocked them out. Also blaming Chiellini for showing a"scratch" during "casual play"

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/06/25/uk-soccer-world-suarez-lawyer-idUKKBN0F01LO20140625

Hope they throw the book at him

How do you measure a bite or attemped bite/graze against a headbutt or a punch thrown ?

Extremely difficult but FIFA have a tariff for spitting which is a minimum 6 match ban, so it would surely have to be in excess of that. If I was on the committee I would take the view that the "crime" is exacerbated by his attempt to feign injury to the face in order to avoid punishment. I would add at least 50% to whatever number I first thought of for that.

So let's say at least 6+3 for that but could easily be 12+6; perhaps 12 matches or 12 months at least out of international football.

On the other hand, whilst FIFA can extend any ban to domestic football I am not sure if they can take his domestic disciplinary record into account. If they do, then he's in real trouble because with 17 games over two suspensions for biting plus the 10 games for racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra; he's got 27 matches over three incidents to be taken into account and there may have been other offences as well.

In that case, he has to be looking at something in excess of a year, possibly two, which is the maximum.

If I was on the FIFA Committee I would give him the two years and let him take it to appeal and see how he gets on.

Yes it CAN cause serious injury/illness. What if he is carrying some communicable disease ? He runs the risk of transferring that disease the moment he breaks skin on his opponent.

These incidents just prove that Suarez is dumb as fuck. If he was frustrated or annoyed it is very, very easy to punch a defender in the ribs without cameras noticing.... you make it look like a fair challenge but crack him in the ribs. Biting is very difficult to hide.

His World Cup will be over and he SHOULD get a two year ban, the maximum that can be handed out. He is an idiot. His actions screw his country from having a chance in the World Cup and, in all likelihood, his actions have just screwed Liverpool from competing for the league next year or have screwed them on a massive transfer fee for him.

The only thing Shearer did wrong is that he didn't actually boot Lennon's head off :P

I suspect that discussions at Liverpool are along the lines of can we sue him if he gets a domestic suspension and/or we are forced to sell him (a la Chelsea and Mutu)

The guy acts as if he's one of those kids who isn't quite right (to put it politely) and ends up getting shipped out of mainstream primary education into a special school for repeatedly biting his classmates in fits of madness. It's like he's still that troubled child who's grown up in body, but not in mind.

Agreed. Even the most stupid of people wouldn't do the same thing again and again. It is almost certainly pathological and comes out due to his huge desire to win.