Looks like its almost a done deal to Barca. Wouldn't surprise me if he did the bite on purpose to make his move out of Liverpool. I find it hard to believe 12 months ago he was wanting out and his stance has changed so dramatically over the course of a few months.

If Liverpool get Sanchez plus cash then they should grab it.

He should have been banned sine die in my book. 3 times he has done this, plus his racism conviction is enough to know this guy is an absolute scumbag of the highest order.

His apology reeked of PR spin management, and I dont for one minute believe his has any regret or believes he has done wrong.

A world class footballer he most certainly is, but this was the ideal opportunity to show the world that the player is not bigger than the game.

What is his real punishment for this latest offence? A huge increase in pay and a move to one of the worlds biggest clubs. Welcome to football in 2014.

Leaving aside what might have been lost in translation "the truth is that my colleague Giorgio Chiellini suffered the physical result of a bite in the collision he suffered with me." Note the continued reference to "collision" which suggests something accidental. How about I am sorry for my unprovoked assault on Giorgio Chiellini in which I bit him on the shoulder.

Him, Messi and Neymar. Don't think it would mix well though.

When are Barca going to realize that their issues are not in the attacking 3rd ? It is defenders they need, and badly.

Messi, Neymar, Sanchez and Suarez... all well and good but if they each score a goal a game and the opponents score 5 they still lose the game.

Look at their back 4.... Alves hasn't signed a contract, Puyol is retired, Pique has started to look shaky... They only have Alba at the back who is worth talking about.

Their problems aren't up front.... yet they continue to sign strikers. Is McCoist in charge of Barcelona ?