if Tom English, easily the best analyst of the game at the moment, is freaked out by it I have to think twice. That's not to say I will agree with him, but it gives pause for thought.

this is one of those parody pieces isn't it?

Anyone who puts in a complaint to a comedy radio show about the word 'poofy' really should steer clear of the internet, and indeed, society in general.

No idea how long ago that was, but in the current 'pc' climate it's not exactly appropriate language for a daytime Saturday football show on Scotland's biggest radio station when the Scottish government have introduced new laws which make football fans out to be criminals, give them fines, criminal records and even send them to jail for using discriminatory and derogatory remarks. Scrap the stupid laws which criminalise football fans and then bigoted morons like Cosgrove can say whatever he likes.

No idea how long ago that was, but in the current 'pc' climate it's not exactly appropriate language for a daytime Saturday football show on Scotland's biggest radio station when the Scottish government have introduced new laws which make football fans out to be criminals, give them fines, criminal records and even send them to jail for using discriminatory and derogatory remarks. Scrap the stupid laws which criminalise football fans and then bigoted morons like Cosgrove can say whatever he likes.

No argument from me regarding the draconian laws for football fans, but complaining about someone using poofy is merely pandering to those who have foisted political correctness upon us all.

No argument from me regarding the draconian laws for football fans, but complaining about someone using poofy is merely pandering to those who have foisted political correctness upon us all.

Society the world over has been moving towards political correctness for a long time, but it's almost impossible for it to be taken seriously when hosts who act like clowns on a Saturday football show are allowed to use incidental discriminatory remarks for a cheap laugh. Well, in fact, it's almost impossible for it to be taken seriously anyway.

I hope that his missus takes his password to the grave. Anyone who puts in a complaint to a comedy radio show about the word 'poofy' really should steer clear of the internet, and indeed, society in general.

Andy is a top man, a stalwart of Gersnet and a refreshing antidote to some of the knuckle draggers among our support.

Being slower to judge others is a quality more people should work on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy is a top man, a stalwart of Gersnet and a refreshing antidote to some of the knuckle draggers among our support.

Didn't you notice that he himself does plenty of sitting in judgment in that piece?

Society the world over has been moving towards political correctness for a long time, but it's almost impossible for it to be taken seriously when hosts who act like clowns on a Saturday football show are allowed to use incidental discriminatory remarks for a cheap laugh. Well, in fact, it's almost impossible for it to be taken seriously anyway.

Would you be taking umbrage if they were talking about a baldy, a fatty or a specky? Methinks not.

The PC mob may be taken more seriously if they included EVERYONE in their quest for equality and harmony instead of the usual hobby horses.

Didn't you notice that he himself does plenty of sitting in judgment in that piece?

He's highlighting unconscious bias in society and specifically among football supporters. Not the same thing at all.

He doesn't even really judge Cosgrove, which I think most of us would forgive him for.

That's a rather unfortunate and distasteful term to use, one frequently aimed at us by OUR enemies (who are many).

Some are slower than others to learn but I think we are making headway. That term "knuckle draggers" is abhorrent, especially when used to describe fellow Bears.

Out of order mate! Rangers enemies have beaten us with that stick for years, no need for you join in the kicking.