See how many games he plays

Norwich City will complete the signing of Northern Ireland striker Kyle Lafferty from Palermo for an undisclosed fee on 1 July.

The 26-year-old will sign a three-year deal at Carrow Road with the option of a further 12 months.

He had completed his Carrow Road medical earlier in the week, as reported by BBC Radio Norfolk.

Lafferty scored 11 times last season for the Serie B champions and had a spell at Swiss club Sion in 2012.

He started his career at Burnley, where he netted 10 goals in 83 league games, before a £3m move to Rangers in 2008.

The Enniskillen-born forward was on target nine times in 37 appearances for Northern Ireland and played 137 times during four years at Rangers, scoring 38 goals.

"Norwich is a team that wants to get promoted back to the Premier League at the first opportunity, so I'm excited to come here and start playing football for a team like this," he told the club website.

"I've played in the Championship before and I've played against Norwich, and the things I noticed about the club were the fans and the football they played.

"Speaking to the gaffer, everything he said and everything he wants me to do, it's good to have someone like that believing in me. I can't wait to get started."

Lafferty becomes Norwich boss Neil Adams's second signing since suffering relegation from the Premier League last season, with striker Lewis Grabban having joined from Bournemouth.

One of our worst ever signings. A totally inept footballer, devoid of any talent. When you add up his transfer fee and wages we must have blown nigh on £8m on that fud. Is it any wonder we went bust.

Walter was hugely overrated.

You know what, I think we should sign you up as CEO, Director of Football and Manager. You really do have the whole thing sussed out.

I think a plank of wood could come in and do a better job than Wallace and McCoist. As for Director of Football, I can only imagine my competition would in reality not be Christian Nerlinger (please stop laughing at the back) and would be more apt ascribed to the plank of wood or someone from Dundee.

Lafferty was never worth the money we paid for him. It was around £3.5m unless I'm mistaken. Hate to say it but they paid £1m less for Hooper. I know which player I'd rather have had. Lafferty was a poor signing who should have been punted after Jelavic arrived

Lafferty, Naismith, Wylde ... each time I read those names I remember one of the finest games we witnessed this decade, the 5-1 demolition of Killie at Rugby Park, the game that won us the title. Still cherrish that memory and the last gersey I bought was the black one.

That thought of elation is instantly supplanted by their behaviour post-admin though. Bipolar stuff.

As for Lafferty, I never "warmed" to him throughout his stay, yet, at the time we were used to Miller, Boyd, Cousin, Darcheville, and Novo.

I think it was Owen Coyle that exorted £3.5 m from us. Lafferty wasn't worth that amount but he gave us good moments

The Killie game was great

Far from a dud...............how much did his later clubs pay for him ?

Far from a dud? He only once hit double figures in 4 seasons in the SPL.

The fee was harsh on him. If we paid £500k for him or got him on a bosman he would have been a decent signing. He had a 1 in 3 ratio in Italian football last year with Palermo which is not bad. He just never looked comfortable on the wing for us. I don't think he is as bad as some people think. He will do alright for Norwich.

I am sure Coyle used contacts at Celtic to invent their interest and drive the price up and up and Walter fell for it.