SPFL ignoring their Rules to help Hearts.

Guest leither

Guest leither

Morning Folks,

Confessions first, I'm a Hibbie but I come in peace.

I wonder what you Rangers people make of the latest SPFL rule fudge to help Hearts out of their troubles ?

Now before anyone says , but they are out of administration now, that is not the wording of the new SPFL Club insolvency rules adopted on 1st June last year.

Rule E4 on page 37 of the SPFL rules states ,

" .......for each second or later season, during the whole or part of which such insolvency event or insolvency process is continuing and/or subsisting the club concerned shall be deducted 15 points ..... "

Now Hearts may have completed the administration part of their insolvency process, but they are currently being run under a " Voluntary Arrangement " status supervised by BDO and this will continue until all the conditions of the CVA have been met. It is easily checked on Companies House web site. Their insolvency process will not be complete until BDO issue a certificate under the Insolvency Act 1986 of Completion of Voluntary Arrangement. Dundee F C had a similar form issued on 30/10/2013 which completed their insolvency process and is also on Companies House site.

Hearts should be looking at a further 15 point deduction next season unless BDO complete the Voluntary Arrangement before the season starts, but this is being ignored by the authorities who don't seem to understand the new rules which were introduced just prior to Hearts insolvency event.

Now we could complain, but we would just be accused of being bitter Hibbies ( which is probably true ) but you guys have real grounds for complaint, if the rules are being fudged to help Hearts ( it was all that bad Romanov's fault )

They will get away with it unless a real noise is made in the media and with the SPFL. 15 points off will help yours and our promotion bids and it is how the rules have been written.

Anyway, good luck next season, hope you finish second , behind us, we are no use at play-offs. Actually have been missing you at Easter Road.

Morning Folks,

Confessions first, I'm a Hibbie but I come in peace.

I wonder what you Rangers people make of the latest SPFL rule fudge to help Hearts out of their troubles ?

Now before anyone says , but they are out of administration now, that is not the wording of the new SPFL Club insolvency rules adopted on 1st June last year.

Rule E4 on page 37 of the SPFL rules states ,

" .......for each second or later season, during the whole or part of which such insolvency event or insolvency process is continuing and/or subsisting the club concerned shall be deducted 15 points ..... "

Now Hearts may have completed the administration part of their insolvency process, but they are currently being run under a " Voluntary Arrangement " status supervised by BDO and this will continue until all the conditions of the CVA have been met. It is easily checked on Companies House web site. Their insolvency process will not be complete until BDO issue a certificate under the Insolvency Act 1986 of Completion of Voluntary Arrangement. Dundee F C had a similar form issued on 30/10/2013 which completed their insolvency process and is also on Companies House site.

Hearts should be looking at a further 15 point deduction next season unless BDO complete the Voluntary Arrangement before the season starts, but this is being ignored by the authorities who don't seem to understand the new rules which were introduced just prior to Hearts insolvency event.

Now we could complain, but we would just be accused of being bitter Hibbies ( which is probably true ) but you guys have real grounds for complaint, if the rules are being fudged to help Hearts ( it was all that bad Romanov's fault )

They will get away with it unless a real noise is made in the media and with the SPFL. 15 points off will help yours and our promotion bids and it is how the rules have been written.

Anyway, good luck next season, hope you finish second , behind us, we are no use at play-offs. Actually have been missing you at Easter Road.

Well if you have checked those facts it might be worth contacting the press on twitter and see if they'll run with it.

If not contact your own club as surely it means more to Hibs with only one promotion place and a play off to go for - assuming we get our act together.

An interesting OP but the SPFL/SFA simply make the rules up as they please as will continue to do so for as long as we've got the likes of Liewell, Rhegan & Doncaster running the show. As for Hibs the best thing they could do in the meantime is get shot off Petrie who has been far too supportive of these three for my liking.

Guest leither
Well if you have checked those facts it might be worth contacting the press on twitter and see if they'll run with it.

If not contact your own club as surely it means more to Hibs with only one promotion place and a play off to go for - assuming we get our act together.

Firstly, the facts are correct.

Tried contacting the press etc., but it is just rejected as bitter Hibbie rubbish, but that is the way the rules are written and as I understand it , it is to ensure a Club pays the football creditors asap. The SPFL would have no other leverage if a club simple said , we pay you all when it suits us .

I know a lad who wrote a very well reasoned and precise letter to Doncaster on the same subject 2 weeks ago and has not even had an acknowledgement.

A 15 point penalty to Hearts is as much in your interest as ours, and I do think Rangers have better access to the sports press than we do.

As for Petrie , he won't step on toes , he wants the top job in football, and the new CEO is too busy trying to put a team on the pitch for next season to look at anything else.

So, as I said in my first post it is up to you guys to get this rule breaking exposed and rectified. We will keep trying but nobody seems to want to listen.

Look forward to seeing you back at E. R. for Christmas !

Firstly, the facts are correct.

Tried contacting the press etc., but it is just rejected as bitter Hibbie rubbish, but that is the way the rules are written and as I understand it , it is to ensure a Club pays the football creditors asap. The SPFL would have no other leverage if a club simple said , we pay you all when it suits us .

I know a lad who wrote a very well reasoned and precise letter to Doncaster on the same subject 2 weeks ago and has not even had an acknowledgement.

A 15 point penalty to Hearts is as much in your interest as ours, and I do think Rangers have better access to the sports press than we do.

As for Petrie , he won't step on toes , he wants the top job in football, and the new CEO is too busy trying to put a team on the pitch for next season to look at anything else.

So, as I said in my first post it is up to you guys to get this rule breaking exposed and rectified. We will keep trying but nobody seems to want to listen.

Look forward to seeing you back at E. R. for Christmas !

Somehow i doubt that mate. Where have you been in the last 10 years. We are absolutely despised by the mainstream media.

No one was interested when we tried to out the corruption in 2011/12 and 13, why would they listen now?

Gone are the days of Rangers or it's fans having any sort of say in the media or the game in Scotland.

One just has to look at the GCC/Labour/Celtic FC cover up.