RANGERS have experienced a flurry of late season ticket sales since striker Kris Boyd made his emotional return to Ibrox last week.

Boyd ended weeks of speculation when he signed a one-year deal with the SPFL League One champions - and is set to team up again with Kenny Miller.

And his capture has since led to a surge in Light Blue supporters signing up to watch Ally McCoist's side in the 2014/15 season. The ticket office at Ibrox at the weekend was queued out of the door for long spells as fans snapped up season books for the new campaign.

Lifelong fan Alan Anderson, from Cambuslang, was taken aback at the level of interest when he renewed his ticket at Ibrox on Saturday.

He told SportTimes: "I was told the season ticket office was going to be open until after two o'clock and popped down half an hour before it shut.

"But when I got there there were a lot of cars in the car park and people were queueing out of the door.

"There was a great atmosphere among the supporters who were waiting to buy tickets.

"I think most of them were, like me, buying season tickets because Kris Boyd has signed.

"But people were genuinely excited about the season ahead and the prospect of playing teams like Hearts and Hibs.

"I wasn't going to renew my season ticket, but I decided to do so when I saw that Boyd had signed.

"I think a lot of people were the same as me.

"I don't necessarily like who is in charge at Rangers at the moment, but I am, as the slogan goes, prepared to support the team and not the regime."

Rangers announced to the Stock Exchange a fortnight ago that "approximately 17,000" season tickets had been bought by fans this summer.

That is in stark contrast to the 34,000 supporters who made the Gers one of the best backed clubs in Britain for the second stage of "The Journey". The Union of Fans - an umbrella group comprising six supporters organisations - has been urging fans not to renew their season tickets.

The UoF and former director Dave King set up Ibrox 1972 Ltd in the close season and urged supporters to pledge their money to it instead.

They want Rangers to give them security over the stadium and the training ground at Auchenhowie in return for the cash.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/rangers-revel-in-boyd-ticket-bounty-169185n.24618366

Boyd and Miller are sure a draw for many, yet, I would assume that there are a few factors coming into play here. No projected sale & lease-back, players signing, King and Co. appear to be inactive or are not as open as yome would wish, Championship looks interesting etc.pp.. All has been addressed before though.

I don't doubt 'slow' ticket sales will turn into moderate ones as we approach the start of the 2014/15 campaign but I'm not sure the signing of Kris Boyd will turn 17,000 season ticket sales into 37,000.

I'd much rather read how the club intend to address the shortfall we will have than anything else.

I reckon we will end up with 25k or the like, with more people buying on a pay-at-the-gate ratio than these last two seasons. The club will view and address that as "deferred ST money" and will have to budget against that for the time being. We don't exactly know when Puma and 32red money is coming in, or how much they will make from any intended share release. I doubt they will tell us either. That said, that secretive blogger told us that King will make his move with the institutional shareholders this week, so we can strap ourselves in for another week of speculation and counter-speculation.

And football!

you don't for one minute think that the club haven't spun this to the ET ??

I don't see this as a given thing. Are we to believe that some board chap looks out of the window, sees a rare queue at the TO, calls in an ET journo to write a spin story and interview people in the street?