Nadal struggles with the grass court because the grass season starts so close to the end of the clay season - his preferred surface. Nadal is phenomenal on clay. To say he is disinterested in wimbledon is untrue. There is talk of moving either the French or Wimbledon because there is so little time between the two surfaces and you do need time to adjust. Nadal has also been unlucky the last few years with his injuries/illness for Wimbledon.

Grass is Andy's natural talent - same for Federer. I think Andy has surprised a lot of people so far, but this year is different from him. The nation does not expect him to win it, we'd be fucking delighted but he's won it now. There is so much less pressure on him and so much more support and enjoyment. He's playing some great tennis and yes, his route has been kind but I do get fed up hearing how he can't beat the other big 3. He did it to win both his slam titles and I believe he has more to come.

Djokovic is some sort of super human, but he's beatable, particularly on grass. Fed is doing well, as he always does at Wimbledon but Warwinka is going to be a huge challenge for him.

US open was last year and in the Australia open final he didn't turn up. A true champion can win repeatedly. As much as I like Rafa I don't think he will go down as the best because he didn't win enough grand slams other than the French.

He was ill/injured in the Aus final. He was crying on the court he was struggling so badly for christ sake. He only kept going as no one wants to win a slam because the other player had to retire. The crowd were awful to Nadal, until they really saw how unfit he was to play. Nadal isn't a true champion?

He's currently world No,1

Current US & French Open title holder

Slams:

Aus - 1

French - 9

Wimbledon - 2

US - 2

He won the Olympic gold in 2008.

He has 64 titles making him the 5th best player in the Open era (Feder is 3rd, Djokovic is 10th).

He was ill/injured in the Aus final. He was crying on the court he was struggling so badly for christ sake. He only kept going as no one wants to win a slam because the other player had to retire. The crowd were awful to Nadal, until they really saw how unfit he was to play. Nadal isn't a true champion?

He's currently world No,1

Current US & French Open title holder

Slams:

Aus - 1

French - 9

Wimbledon - 2

US - 2

He won the Olympic gold in 2008.

He has 64 titles making him the 5th best player in the Open era (Feder is 3rd, Djokovic is 10th).

The Aussie was only 1 final, what about the other slams over the last 7 years other than the French. Im a huge Nadal fan but until his US, Aussie and Wimbledon titles go up he wont surpass Federer IMO.

The Aussie was only 1 final, what about the other slams over the last 7 years other than the French. Im a huge Nadal fan but until his US, Aussie and Wimbledon titles go up he wont surpass Federer IMO.

He doesn't have to surpass Fed. You insinuated he wasn't a true champion and I disagree entirely. He is a true champion. He has won all the slams, he just prefers clay. Djok is better on hard court and Andy and Fed are better on grass.

He doesn't have to surpass Fed. You insinuated he wasn't a true champion and I disagree entirely. He is a true champion. He has won all the slams, he just prefers clay. Djok is better on hard court and Andy and Fed are better on grass.

Perhaps 'true champion' wasn't the right choice of words but I think he does have to surpass Federer. Nadal will want to retire as the man with most grand slams and set the bar. I certainly want him to.

Perhaps 'true champion' wasn't the right choice of words but I think he does have to surpass Federer. Nadal will want to retire as the man with most grand slams and set the bar. I certainly want him to.

I think he will. He's had a tough couple of years but he'll be back fine.

A couple of points to add to this thread as a huge tennis fan.

Nadal is a true Champion and is the best ever on clay. Nobody ever thought he would win any majors outwith Paris, but he really worked on his game and ended up winning all of them, the two successive finals against Federer at his peak were truly memorable. His tally of 14 majors is an incredible achievement, especially considering he is also playing at the same time as Federer and Djokovic (and Murray to a lesser extent).

I also disagree that grass is Murray's best surface. His best surface is hard courts like in the US and Aussie Open. It is just that his game is slightly better for grass than Djokovic or Nadal, and Federer is not quite the force he once was. The support he gets at Wimbledon (and Queens) enables him to up his level that extra 1 or 2% that can be the difference between the top players in big matches.

Also, the grass season is being extended by a week from next year to put a bit more distance between the French and Wimbledon.

My tip for the SF is Murray Djokovic Raonic & Federer, although all bar Djokovic will have tough matches where they could lose if not at their best.

In the womens, I really fancied Bouchard for the womans title (or certainly the final) this year and then didnt back her. She has been a rising star for a while now and will win slams in the future. She is currently winning her QF with ease against a tough opponent, who admittedly played her legs out yesterday beating Sharapova.