All of our new Puma shirts have them, but they're on the sides, not really on the front. It's what they call "heat transfer tapes" which work alongside the so-called "Dry Cell technology".

It cant be that difficult to have them the same colour as the top then FFS.

BTW they dont half come out with some pish regarding "Dry cell technology" & "heat transfer tapes". All to make a £1.50 football top seem worth £45 I suppose for any mug that still buys such stuff.

Dry cell technology - is not the whole point of sport to get your cardio workout and your body sweating to keep you cool. If there is such a thing as dry cell technology, would it not be better on a work-shirt, with the "heat transfer stripes" under the armpits?

It cant be that difficult to have them the same colour as the top then FFS.

BTW they dont half come out with some pish regarding "Dry cell technology" & "heat transfer tapes". All to make a £1.50 football top seem worth £45 I suppose for any mug that still buys such stuff.

Dry cell technology - is not the whole point of sport to get your cardio workout and your body sweating to keep you cool. If there is such a thing as dry cell technology, would it not be better on a work-shirt, with the "heat transfer stripes" under the armpits?

Aye, it might look better if the so-called heat transfer tapes were the same colour as the top, but the designers obviously see it as something they can use as a design detail too.

The blue ones on the red 3rd kit don't look too bad actually because they don't stand out too much, but the white transfer tapes on a blue home top will stick out like a sore thumb.

As for the Dry cell tech, I don't know much about it, but this is what they said about it when the 3rd kit was released:

The kit also features all of the technological excellence expected from a PUMA kit including heat transfer tapes that run down the body, and Dry Cell technology. Dry Cell technology enhances body performance by dragging moisture away from the body, improving air-flow and keeping the body at the ultimate performance temperature so you can keep cool through game time, added time, any time, every time.

I noticed Frankie had retweeted someone who posted this pic -

BrsRQ74CIAAdIYo.jpg:large

The missus might like this ......................... as a nightgown.

WTF.

Put some feet on that and it could be a morph suit ................

The missus might like this ......................... as a nightgown.

WTF.

Put some feet on that and it could be a morph suit ................

It's happening with a lot of the football shirts these days, where a lot of manufacturers are going for the tight-fitting hi-tech materials that are supposed to keep you 'dry' as well as keep you cool in hot conditions and warm in cold conditions, so sort of all-weather materials. The end result though, are shirts that look more like cycling tops than football tops and this leaked home top with the white collar actually looks like a cross between a cycling top and a rugby top.

The 3rd kit is pretty smart IMHO (not biased by the fact that the wife, my 9yr old and myself all have it....) :P

I like the 3rd kit too, certainly from a design perspective and I think it might end up being our best looking (and maybe even best selling!?) top this season, but we'll need to see the others first obviously.

My only criticism is that the balance between the tight fitting top and the long baggy shorts isn't quite right, so for example, smaller lads like Barrie McKay in the Buckie game last night looked a bit odd/weird with a wee tight shirt and big long baggy shorts. I like long football shorts, but they look best with baggier shirts over the top which aren't tucked in. I'm getting more into design aesthetics and fashion with that sort of stuff though, so I'm not sure how relevant it is really. I suppose it just depends on your POV.