If he was a smart man as opposed to stupidly loyal he would have ditched his lackeys and brought in another no.2. New ideas,fresh approach, some actual tactical knowledge.....

Ally had one season in the SPL during which rangers internally exploded. No one could be expected to win the league with everything in background at that time.

His euro campaigns were not the best BUT, it was very early in his management career, and 2 men sent off against malmo didn't help.

Poor in cups, excellent in league (results wise), it is surely too early to pigeon hole McCoist as a failure.

Not at all, it seems the only people who support him are non Rangers fans, well the only ones i know anyway.

If he was a smart man as opposed to stupidly loyal he would have ditched his lackeys and brought in another no.2. New ideas,fresh approach, some actual tactical knowledge.....

He is far too comfortable with his pals around him. That is who he has surrounded himself with, pals.

What would they think?

Yee-fucking -ha and celebrate it long and hard.

It won't happen, And that is WITH the correct people running the club AND money to spend on good players.

we can't even win the ramsdens cup with him in charge.

OP, why are you on a Rangers forum talking about Rangers when you quite clearly are not a Rangers fan?

he's explained that in previous posts, JTP. I'm not yet entirely convinced that he's not a wind-up merchant playing a long game, but as long as he plays nice....

and anyway, you can't blame him for having an interest in the only show in town ;)

What about the "Sadly I do not think in my heart of hearts Ally has what it takes" faction ?

They may look at our aging squad, many of whom will not be able to compete, should we successfully negotiate the Championship and think our manager's planning for the future is flawed. Aligned to our unattractive and uninspiring brand of football I think most of us would be shocked if your vision came to fruition.

Wonder what Nicky Clark is thinking as he watches all these old timers trotting in for one final hurrah. And we wonder why young Telfer left ?

He was a good Assistant Manager, probably very good to have in the dressing room. He just hasn't done it in the top job, he isn't the first.

I am just sorry as with JG that we give the job to our legends without them having any experience in the position.

It is still the up to this Board to do what is right if they think he isn't the right person.

He was a good Assistant Manager, probably very good to have in the dressing room. He just hasn't done it in the top job, he isn't the first.

I am just sorry as with JG that we give the job to our legends without them having any experience in the position.

It is still the up to this Board to do what is right if they think he isn't the right person.

What do you think he said in the dressing room when Kaunas and Unirea were tearing us apart? Or when 1st division teams were taking us to replays in the cups? What was it he done that proves he was a good assistant mate?

Smith took the Scotland job and the first thing he did was bring McCoist in, they turned it around. They also turned Rangers round when they came in, I am not defending him for every game they were both in the job. I will still say their record was very good with Rangers.