He's saying and rightly so that it didn't cause our demise.

Than he errs. The EBT case and HMRC's witch hunt were the prime reasons for our demise, closely followed by the credit crunch and the fall of Murray's steel empire. What happened to us afterwards is all a consequence of this. Of course, this doesn't sit well with people who need to blame someone directly.

The @taxcaseresult account on Twitter is now saying that the result is coming and that he'd been led to believe that we'd won, but that he now has doubts. "Might be a small chance that I was wrong about the result".

Keeping his options open on a binary result doesn't instil confidence in his sources.

Jackson's 'self-made billionaire' piece was far more damaging than any HMRC decision, although it must have been a great wee earner for him. I often wonder who it was that paid him to write it for them.

That was Jack Irvine's line...like a lot of lazy journalists these days, the record simply printed what the PR guys fed them.

He's saying and rightly so that it didn't cause our demise.

I don't think the BTC caused our problems/demise, but it was a major contributing factor. With the potential liability hanging over our heads, it was impossible to find a suitable/reputable buyer for the club.

Than he errs. The EBT case and HMRC's witch hunt were the prime reasons for our demise, closely followed by the credit crunch and the fall of Murray's steel empire. What happened to us afterwards is all a consequence of this. Of course, this doesn't sit well with people who need to blame someone directly.

You're both right. Whyte destroyed us, but Without the BTC and the HMRC witchhunt, he would never have been in the door. Without the BTC we were a much more saleable asset and may well have gone to more sensible owners. .

talking of whyte when will this rascal be charged and put on trial .

This is my greatest point of anger. He conned all and sundry, committed the most heinous crimes against our club and brought it to the brink of oblivion, yet walks freely about like nothing happened. And he even has the gall to go after Green who conned him for the oldco's shares, assets et al. Next we hear from him is from a country that has no hand-over deals with Britain ...

At what point do we actually accept that people within our own corridors of power are culpable for this ?

EBT case or not, our demise was caused primarily by the profligacy of Murray, the selling of RFC to Whyte despite being told not to by AJ, and then also the deliberate refusal of Whyte to pay the taxes that the club were due to HMRC ?

I am fairly tired of people blaming HMRC, Reid, Lawell, and anyone else except those who we KNOW actually DID contribute to our downfall..... the Murray's and Whyte's of the world.

We need to grow up and accept that much of the blood-letting in all of this was from those entrusted as our custodians.