Fantastic article and the irony of reading about this whilst watching the Germans destroy Brazil aint lost on me , as the Germans completly over hauled their entire system after they held the world cup , with the entire footballing community coming behind the German FA , could you see that happening here , no chance.

Even last year the Germans were worried that their international team held onto the ball too long and after detailed studies they managed to get their possession/passing stats down from just over 2 secs per play to just over 1.4 secs per play , which is proving a massive advantage .

I just dont know what Rangers will do in the future , but the present lot at Murray park just wont cut it IMHO

That is all very interesting but when was the last time Partizan done anything in Europe or indeed, do they dominate their own country the way we used to without all that? I appreciate we need to change but are we now at the stage where we have to accept we have bought all our previous success and now we can't afford to do that so we need to find a new way to operate? I don't think fans will accept Celtic dominating the game in this country so we can tart up our youth set up or give another couple of kids a chance in the first team. Not for the sake of it or under a manager who has proven he doesn't have the ability to develop our own prospects.

Besides, coaching is so important and we just don't have the coaches at the club to make an Ajax, Partizan, Porto or any other model work nor do we have a board with the brains to hire the right people.

Until guys like McCoist, Durrant, Kirkwood and Sinclair are binned we can keep on dreaming.

Fantastic article and the irony of reading about this whilst watching the Germans destroy Brazil aint lost on me , as the Germans completly over hauled their entire system after they held the world cup , with the entire footballing community coming behind the German FA , could you see that happening here , no chance.

Even last year the Germans were worried that their international team held onto the ball too long and after detailed studies they managed to get their possession/passing stats down from just over 2 secs per play to just over 1.4 secs per play , which is proving a massive advantage .

I just dont know what Rangers will do in the future , but the present lot at Murray park just wont cut it IMHO

Coaching is key, the Germans are very big on bringing through good ambitious, almost arrogant coaches who demand excellence. Attitude is also phenomenally important.

That is all very interesting but when was the last time Partizan done anything in Europe or indeed, do they dominate their own country the way we used to without all that?

You really have to understand the state of the Serbian economy to realise that Partizan are unlikely to hold on to their better players for very long, but they are selling teenagers for millions.

They have pretty much dominated the Serbian league, Red Star pipped them by a point this season, which prevented Partizan completing seven in a row. they have also been cup winners on three occasions during that period.

We are a club with no scouts and with a board so inept and corrupt they can't even get the accounts right. We're are a team that play 19th century football, coached by as poor coaches as you'd find anywhere in Europe.

This is all pie in the sky, dream like stuff. The club has an archaic philosophy and infrastructure and needs completely gutted from top to bottom before anything like this will happen. We have needed gutted a lot in recent history.

You really have to understand the state of the Serbian economy to realise that Partizan are unlikely to hold on to their better players for very long, but they are selling teenagers for millions.

They have pretty much dominated the Serbian league, Red Star pipped them by a point this season, which prevented Partizan completing seven in a row. they have also been cup winners on three occasions during that period.

I understand that, my query is what is the point of bringing through outstanding kids, selling them for millions and going through the same cycle again every few years? What are the club getting out of it? They are not a European heavy weight, they are nowhere near the money league, what do they have to show for this outstanding youth set up? The pinnacle of every European football club is to make a dent in European competition, Partizan haven't done that at all, in fact they have lost to us in the last decade and look at the states we have been in. I dread to think what we or indeed what Ally would do with £10m. This is our problem right now in the here and now.

As i said above, we just don't have the people, at boardroom level or on the training pitch to do anything constructive in the transfer market or with our youth players. That isn't going to change anytime soon. We just don't have the brains, desire or the ambition at the club.

We have huge battle in the next few years trying to stop Celtic running away with the Scottish game forever, rightly or wrongly, it is all going to be about stopping them. We are not even in any shape to do that never mind think longer term.

Serious question. When was the last time we made a profit on a player? And when was the last time we actually sold a player? We don't have the brains or know how. That must change before we can expect anything constructive from the academy.

Here is another question or two. Why has Fraser Aird not improved as a professional footballer in all the years he has been training at Auchenhowie? He still can't hit a dead ball, he still can't beat his man, his crossing is still dreadful. We have him on the flank almost every week. The kid is rotten. What are they doing at training? We can't even take set pieces properly. Ross Perry, why on earth was he allowed to stay at our club for so long when it was evident 5 years ago he was never going to be good enough. Another who spent around a decade training with us and never once progressed. Kyle Hutton, hasn't developed. I fear for guys like MacLeod and Murdoch in the future, they are wasted here. I have so much respect for Telfer accepting he won't improve here and moving on.

Edited by Super Cooper

We are a club with no scouts and with a board so inept and corrupt they can't even get the accounts right. We're are a team that play 19th century football, coached by as poor coaches as you'd find anywhere in Europe.

This is all pie in the sky, dream like stuff. The club has an archaic philosophy and infrastructure and needs completely gutted from top to bottom before anything like this will happen. We have needed gutted a lot in recent history.

Living year to year under Murray. It's all we know and it's all our manager knows.

That is all very interesting but when was the last time Partizan done anything in Europe or indeed, do they dominate their own country the way we used to without all that? I appreciate we need to change but are we now at the stage where we have to accept we have bought all our previous success and now we can't afford to do that so we need to find a new way to operate? I don't think fans will accept Celtic dominating the game in this country so we can tart up our youth set up or give another couple of kids a chance in the first team. Not for the sake of it or under a manager who has proven he doesn't have the ability to develop our own prospects.

Besides, coaching is so important and we just don't have the coaches at the club to make an Ajax, Partizan, Porto or any other model work nor do we have a board with the brains to hire the right people.

Until guys like McCoist, Durrant, Kirkwood and Sinclair are binned we can keep on dreaming.

Yes, that is exactly what is needed.