Become a member

Sons of Struth was formed out of frustration that we felt no one spoke for us and we wanted a voice. We certainly found one.

If it was not for the thousands that joined our protests then our voice would not have been heard. We now want to give those who helped us be heard a platform and to be involved in shaping the future of SoS

As a member of SoS you will

receive updates on future activities

be invited to put forward ideas for future activities

be polled on concerns we may have for our club and on future activities

have access to a members only forum

have a say in the future of the group

be part of the most active group of fans in the last 12 months

Membership is FREE

http://www.sonsofstruth.co.uk/join-sos.html

Fair play to SoS for trying to be constructive but not sure why they're bothering with this.

Rangers fans desperately need something more formal, more credible and more accessible when it comes to representation. Yes, in principle, there's nothing wrong with having websites and RSCs involved in larger groups but the more badly constituted splinter groups we have, the more confusing and unhelpful it becomes.

People used to get annoyed and angry when there was just the Trust, Assembly and Association.

"Merge", was the oft-stated advice, so what happens?

Now we have RF and SOS as well and the club is trying to get in on the act with a poor excuse for a membership scheme.

As Frankie suggests, the more well-intentioned we become, the more dysfunctional we are.

We are confusing our own people with mixed messages and ill thought-out schemes.

Become a member

Sons of Struth was formed out of frustration that we felt no one spoke for us and we wanted a voice. We certainly found one.

If it was not for the thousands that joined our protests then our voice would not have been heard. We now want to give those who helped us be heard a platform and to be involved in shaping the future of SoS

As a member of SoS you will

receive updates on future activities

be invited to put forward ideas for future activities

be polled on concerns we may have for our club and on future activities

have access to a members only forum

have a say in the future of the group

be part of the most active group of fans in the last 12 months

Membership is FREE

http://www.sonsofstruth.co.uk/join-sos.html

Whilst I don't agree with their current stance on ST's, I would complement them for trying to be better organised than just a one or two man band.

However a membership organisation with no membership fee really is meaningless and begs the question of who is funding their expenses and for what purpose?

Fair play to SoS for trying to be constructive but not sure why they're bothering with this.

Rangers fans desperately need something more formal, more credible and more accessible when it comes to representation. Yes, in principle, there's nothing wrong with having websites and RSCs involved in larger groups but the more badly constituted splinter groups we have, the more confusing and unhelpful it becomes.

Given that their involvement with UoF & Ibrox 1972 Ltd has been a massive failure, credibility would appear to be an issue.

I hope the new organisation goes from strength to strength and eventually unites all Rangers supporters' organisations. I offer bon chance to all such organisations, the result appears to be, more come along. So be it.

Gersnetters of my generation will remember a chap who stood in every UK by-election over a 35 year period, Commander Bill Boaks? He was a distinguished, much decorated, and former senior Royal Navy officer. He would be seen in Lincoln, Wrexham, and Hamilton; plodding around each and every constituency, replete in a white Guernsey, sea boots, and blue anchored sailing cap, pulling a wooden cart. Rarely did Bill accrue 100 votes, I believe he still holds the lowest recorded vote of 5 votes? Continually, he attempted to widen his appeal and his ballot paper description for his final dozen by-elections was, 'Road Safety, Democratic Monarchist, White Resident candidate'.

I feel it's inevitable that the Rangers support will eventually have its' very own Bill Boak's type organisation.

Not wanting to divert this thread, but I had high hopes when the UoF was first called into being, not least with some prominent and outspoken figures such as Chris Graham amongst them. Yet, it took them much like the SoS not long before alienating themselves with the club and with various factions of the support, instead of getting them under one umbrella.

Not wanting to divert this thread, but I had high hopes when the UoF was first called into being, not least with some prominent and outspoken figures such as Chris Graham amongst them. Yet, it took them much like the SoS not long before alienating themselves with the club and with various factions of the support, instead of getting them under one umbrella.

While I am uncertain of the purpose of this membership scheme, is it not just possible that the major source of alienation has been the recent and existing "custodians" of our club?

Whilst I don't agree with their current stance on ST's, I would complement them for trying to be better organised than just a one or two man band.

However a membership organisation with no membership fee really is meaningless and begs the question of who is funding their expenses and for what purpose?

You just cannot help yourself. Another snide comment towards fellow fans, you know full well who has helped out financially.

Edited by BEARGER