You suggested the guy was a fool and was running to the BBC simply to get his face on the telly. Both unfair I'd say.

I've said my piece on the show and Craig. Generally he often speaks well but I think he was unsuitable for last night. I've watched the segment a couple of times and it's not as bad as many are claiming however, as I've also said, there are better people out there for the task.

Problem is, not many folk are up for it as a) they'll be insulted if they had a bad interview and/or b) their personal life will be revealed online for all and sundry to attack them.

I certainly don't see many people volunteering for what is a very tricky job - I know from experience.

I would hate to think he volunteered himself. I have no doubts he was hand picked by the Beeb.

I would hate to think he volunteered himself. I have no doubts he was hand picked by the Beeb.

The fella started his own fan group so that makes him someone the media may contact - especially given he's spoken well on TV before. They usually invite a few people and choose who is available. Chris isn't always available.

In any case, please desist from the insults. Appearing on live TV is nowhere as easy as some think.

The fella started his own fan group so that makes him someone the media may contact - especially given he's spoken well on TV before. They usually invite a few people and choose who is available. Chris isn't always available.

In any case, please desist from the insults. Appearing on live TV is nowhere as easy as some think.

Has someone said it is easy like? That isn't the debate here. This isn't about live TV. It's about a Rangers fan doing favours for a banned anti-Rangers organisation. Shameful imo.

Has someone said it is easy like? That isn't the debate here. This isn't about live TV. It's about a Rangers fan doing favours for a banned anti-Rangers organisation. Shameful imo.

You described the guy as a pathetic fool which infers you think it's not difficult to deal with certain situations when on live TV. I'm saying the opposite.

As for BBC Scotland being anti-Rangers, well that's obvious but I'm certainly one person that would rather we countered their lies in their own productions as opposed to allowing them to say what they like. That may be distasteful to others but any ban certainly isn't getting us anywhere. If we don't take part, the vacuum is just filled by others who'll gladly say the opposite of what we would.

Moreover, that's if any ban still exists given some directors feel it's fine to deal with the BBC when it suits them.

You described the guy as a pathetic fool which infers you think it's not difficult to deal with certain situations when on live TV. I'm saying the opposite.

As for BBC Scotland being anti-Rangers, well that's obvious but I'm certainly one person that would rather we countered their lies in their own productions as opposed to allowing them to say what they like. That may be distasteful to others but any ban certainly isn't getting us anywhere. If we don't take part, the vacuum is just filled by others who'll gladly say the opposite of what we would.

Moreover, that's if any ban still exists given some directors feel it's fine to deal with the BBC when it suits them.

Please refrain from putting words in my mouth Frankie. I did not call him a pathetic fool. "is a fool" is what i did say. The word pathetic wasn't used until a few posts later in a different context when i said he went running at the call from BBC. That is pathetic, imo.

Neither descriptions infer anything to do with live TV situations.

I kind of agree with the rest of your post though.

RST statement on said programme.

The RST has released the following statement:

The Rangers Supporters Trust (RST) is deeply concerned with last nights BBC programme, Scotland 2014. It is yet another example of the ongoing perceived anti Rangers bias from our national broadcaster.

Firstly, reading from a prewritten script, it was stated that Rangers had been stripped of titles. This is clearly not the case. The Rangers support have fought hard to ensure our titles remained. It is incomprehensible that the BBC can get such a simple fact wrong, especially from a prewritten script.

Secondly, the selection of Angela Haggerty as a guest is perplexing. Her association with Phil MacGiollaBhain, a man regarded as being tarred with a sickening sectarian brush, was mentioned on the show. Surely this should have ruled her out of appearing on the show? Furthermore, why was a Celtic supporter with no qualifications in complex tax matters appearing to discuss the first-tier tribunal.

Whilst the need for balance is required, that does not warrant a Rangers side and a Celtic side. This issue surrounds Rangers, therefore for balance to be achieved it should have been a Rangers representative, as there was, and perhaps a tax expert. Not a Celtic supporting blogger.

Can the BBC justify the involvement of Ms Haggerty on this issue?

It was also of concern that Angela Haggerty stated "HMRC will continue to fight this". Is this a case of leaked information from HMRC, or is it just wishful thinking?

The BBC should clarify this immediately.

The RST will follow this statement up with a direct complaint about this substandard reporting on Rangers FC. This unfortunately appears to be a consistent theme from an organisation which was once highly regarded for its journalistic impartiality.

Journalistic impartiality and basic professionalism appear to be sadly lacking at BBC Scotland where Rangers FC is concerned.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s2eq1l

That's something which needs sorted out once and for all. The Club can't ban the BBC from matches, pressers and interview privileges, then allow directors to do BBC interviews.

... .

They certainly don't make it easy for you. They like to wrong foot you. Last night sounds like a trap, so I will avoid the playback. But surely our ire should be aimed at the perpetrators of the ambush, not the victim? We of all people should know what it is like to be kicked when you are down from a previous assault.

Edited by SteveC