I'm not sure it is. We would sell a shed load of tickets if say an arsenal invited us to a tourney.

If you were an Arsenal fan, would you want to see Rangers invited to a tournament?

We're no longer a top division team, we play grotesque football and even when we were in the top tier, the last time we visited the Emirates we were out of our depth against the home team.

The attraction of Rangers is historic rather than current.

If you were an Arsenal fan, would you want to see Rangers invited to a tournament?

We're no longer a top division team, we play grotesque football and even when we were in the top tier, the last time we visited the Emirates we were out of our depth against the home team.

The attraction of Rangers is historic rather than current.

Totally understand where you are coming from but in spite of the deficiencies of our playing strength,, Rangers will always carry a large support to tournaments with financial benefits to the host club.

Totally understand where you are coming from but in spite of the deficiencies of our playing strength,, Rangers will always carry a large support to tournaments with financial benefits to the host club.

That's certainly true and not just the home club but hotels, bars & restaurants as well.

However, I don't think Arsenal or the type of Clubs they could invite v us right now would be pretty, so perhaps discretion is the better part of valour? We may be stronger and more of an attraction next summer as (hopefully) we prepare to re-enter the top flight and take a further step up in player quality.

That said, I could see us struggling against the type of opposition we will face on this tour. It's really a hiding to nothing in a playing sense, although I realise that's not the point of the exercise.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

We would take a decent support to Arsenal, but our appeal to Arsenal fans is so low that many of them wouldn't bother to turn up and see us.

Arsenal would be far better inviting a club that will give them a good workout and be of interest to the Arsenal support.

Arsenal inviting Rangers is a bit like Rangers inviting Linfield. The diehards turn up but thousands don't bother. If I was the Arsenal manager or CEO, Rangers wouldn't even be on my radar for an invitation.

And that isn't going to happen until as Zappa says "we're back at the top of Scottish football winning Premier League titles and major Cups as well as competing in European competitions. ".

Why ever not. We bring ticket sakes and huge press.

Arsenal are playing Conference South outfit Boreham Wood in their 4.5k (500 seat) Meadow Park ground next week.

Care to explain how this wishful thinking translates into the real world?

Celtic do it, in the real world. They made around £750k from a match against Real Madrid, a full house, with tens of thousands of Celtic strips on display, expanding their brand awareness along the way. They also made at least £1m for a separate round of pre-season matches in the USA as well. We don't have that draw nor the brains and ambition to sit at that table. They made more from a pre-season list of fixtures than they got for their placing the SPL one year too.

In the real world millions can easily be made from a good pre-season.

Arsenal are playing Conference South outfit Boreham Wood in their 4.5k (500 seat) Meadow Park ground next week.

I don't expect to see Boreham Wood at the Emirates any time soon.

We would take a decent support to Arsenal, but our appeal to Arsenal fans is so low that many of them wouldn't bother to turn up and see us.

Arsenal would be far better inviting a club that will give them a good workout and be of interest to the Arsenal support.

Arsenal inviting Rangers is a bit like Rangers inviting Linfield. The diehards turn up but thousands don't bother. If I was the Arsenal manager or CEO, Rangers wouldn't even be on my radar for an invitation.

I note that some folk have an intimate knowledge of e.g. the Gunners' supporters' mindset. Maybe (and that is a big MAYBE) you are right, I for one would expect them to come in their thousands still, if only to see their new stars in action.

Celtic do it, in the real world. They made around £750k from a match against Real Madrid, a full house, with tens of thousands of Celtic strips on display, expanding their brand awareness along the way. They also made at least £1m for a separate round of pre-season matches in the USA as well. We don't have that draw nor the brains and ambition to sit at that table. They made more from a pre-season list of fixtures than they got for their placing the SPL one year too.

In the real world millions can easily be made from a good pre-season.

We are enduring three years in the wilderness. We are a football sob story. This spell away from the top tier has been enormously damaging.

If we were visible in Europe and competing successfully for the league, we might be able to arrange lucrative fixtures, but in our position, the big names don't want to know because we offer little in the way of competition and play a brand of football that drives people away from the sport.

Buckie are happy to play us, but Bayern?

I don't think so.