teams:

Germany: Neuer, Howedes, Hummels, Khedira, Schweinsteiger, Ozil, Klose, Muller, Lahm ©, Kroos, Boateng

Argentina: Romero, Garay, Zabaleta, Biglia, Perez, Higuain, Messi ©, Mascherano, Demichelis, Rojo, Lavezzi

Referee: Nicola Rizzoli (Italy)

2-0 Germany for me. Klose and Muller.

point on referees, I think they have generally been good and let play flow, except the European referees who I thought have been very picky.

PS I'm watching BBC coverage as I cannot stand Adrain Chiles

I watched the Quarters and Semi's in UK last week and agree Adrian Chiles should be shafted back to a politics program on a channel nobody subscribes to but I do prefer ITV's commentary with Andy Townsend. Also the UK public are paying for Shearer and Co's BBC trip.

Anyway onto the football. If Messi performs to a 9/10 or 10/10 he could win it but if he is below a 8/10 then Germany could cruise this 3-1.

what a sitter from Higuian

He should at least hit the target from that effort.

Good game so far even if no goals.

Messi looks good when he gets it, needs to get it more though.

Germany stronger in possession and look like they can create more.

He should at least hit the target from that effort.

Good game so far even if no goals.

Messi looks good when he gets it, needs to get it more though.

Germany stronger in possession and look like they can create more.

Germany should have scored right before half time. cross was a fraction behind Howedes, unlucky not to score.

BBC pundits are far superior, though O'Neil, Dixon and Hoddle are doing their best without any graphics. Wright is nearly as bad as Cannavaro.

Shearer gradually taking over from Hansen for the Beeb with Ferdinand as the rising star and outstanding graphics. Nice to see them in collar and tie for the final with ITV seemingly unable to afford a studio for the 3rd place game either.

BBC pundits are far superior, though O'Neil, Dixon and Hoddle are doing their best without any graphics. Wright is nearly as bad as Cannavaro.

Shearer gradually taking over from Hansen for the Beeb with Ferdinand as the rising star and outstanding graphics. Nice to see them in collar and tie for the final with ITV seemingly unable to afford a studio for the 3rd place game either.

my wife did say "that tie is too big for his shirt. it looks terrible" (Rio Ferdinand)

my wife did say "that tie is too big for his shirt. it looks terrible" (Rio Ferdinand)

Actually I think he's the smartest of the three, like the blazer. The other two's ties aren't pulled up properly, tut tut.

If you switch between the two channels, ITV are a second or two behind.