Bardsley joins Villa

Aston Villa have taken Manchester United full-back Phil Bardsley on loan.

Black Cats capture Stokes

Sunderland have completed the capture of Arsenal's Anthony Stokes for �£2million.

http://msnsport.skysports.com/transfers.aspx?cpid=8

2Million??

Thats a good deal for arsenal. But you`ve got to wonder why Arsenal put him out on loan in the first place if it wasnt to further his career experience. Seems they used Falkirk as a shop window!

2Million??

Thats a good deal for arsenal. But you`ve got to wonder why Arsenal put him out on loan in the first place if it wasnt to further his career experience. Seems they used Falkirk as a shop window!

And it worked well if they did put him in the shop window - out on loan, someone else paying the wages and then punt him for 2 mill without having played for the 1st team.

Definitely good business

And it worked well if they did put him in the shop window - out on loan, someone else paying the wages and then punt him for 2 mill without having played for the 1st team.

Definitely good business

The thing i find funny is that Arsenal can't score unless Henry and maybe now and again van Persie do. Why are they letting a guy who has scored so much in such a short time, go so easily. He is only 18 for ffs. Surely you should try him before kicking him out the door. I hope they try and buy him back for 20 mill in the future.:confused:

The thing i find funny is that Arsenal can't score unless Henry and maybe now and again van Persie do. Why are they letting a guy who has scored so much in such a short time, go so easily. He is only 18 for ffs. Surely you should try him before kicking him out the door. I hope they try and buy him back for 20 mill in the future.:confused:

Arsenal are beginning to spread the goals throughtout the team now. Adebayor, RvP, Rosicky, Toure, Hoyte, Eboue to name a few have scored for them in the past month or so.

I reckon Stokes will flop at Sunderland.

Arsenal are beginning to spread the goals throughtout the team now. Adebayor, RvP, Rosicky, Toure, Hoyte, Eboue to name a few have scored for them in the past month or so.

I reckon Stokes will flop at Sunderland.

No way!

I rate stokes quite highly and although it`s good business, i still think they should`ve kept him. he had a lot to learn before he shouldve been let go.