McCoist in tomorrow's Scottish Daily Mail: ‘The sad thing is that, in our country, our vindication will stick in some people’s throats.'

McCoist in tomorrow's Scottish Daily Mail: I will never forget some of the things which have been said and done to our club.' #Rangers

Rangers' former owner Sir David Murray is owed an apology, according to Ally McCoist

McCoist says Murray is owed an apology after 'needless' Rangers collapse

Gers boss also will 'never forget' those involved in financial meltdown

Ally McCoist insists Sir David Murray is owed an apology from people both ‘in and out of football’ after the ‘needless’ collapse of Rangers in 2012.

Last week Murray pointed the finger at the taxman after a judge kicked out HMRC’ s appeal in their long-running case against the Ibrox club.

The former owner and chairman said the so-called Big Tax Case case had put off potential buyers and led to Craig Whyte’s disastrous takeover, while fans groups have already called for the SFA, SPFL and other club owners to be held to account over the decision to relegate Rangers when they went bust.

On Tuesday McCoist said he would ‘never forget’ the role played by leading figures in and around the Scottish game in his club’s descent into financial meltdown.

As he called for answers from those he believes are truly responsible for his club’s demise, however, the Rangers boss conceded he won’t be holding his breath for any inquiry or apologies from those involved in the saga.

Speaking from his club’s pre-season training base in California, McCoist said: ‘Do people have serious questions to answer? One hundred per cent. I don’t know if I would use the word witch-hunt.

But I would definitely say there are certain people that I would hope David Murray would get some answers from in high-up places – both in and out of the game.

‘But I’ll tell you right now - I don’t think we would get an enquiry. And I would be very, very doubtful if David Murray would get an apology from certain people either.

‘But it leaves, at best, a very, very bad taste in my mouth and in the mouths of a lot of people at Rangers when you think of what has happened to this club.

‘It needn’t have happened and it’s horrendous – and I will never forget some of the things which have been said and done to our club by people who should have known better.’

An under-pressure Murray sold Rangers to Craig Whyte for a token £1 in May 2011 at a time when the club was in dispute with HMRC over an Employee Benefit Trust scheme set up a decade before.

Rangers subsequently plummeted into administration in February 2012 after the Whyte regime failed to pay tax totalling £14million.

HMRC rejected proposals that could have prevented the Ibrox oldco from being liquidated and ultimately demoted to League Two, but the tax man went on to lose the original First Tier Tribunal on the EBT case by a majority verdict in November 2013.

HMRC lost an appeal against that verdict last week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2693627/Rangers-former-owner-Sir-David-Murray-owed-apology-according-Ally-McCoist.html

Come on blueflag that was just mcoist sucking sdm's dick before his team went on to another shambles. Patience wore thin a long time ago. No surprise that anger is setting in now.

When it becomes every post or thread about McCoist then it gets tiresome, ( i.e he just gets abused )

by all means question the guys managerial skills. ( they seem to be slim to none ) but think some folk forget sometimes we could been a lot worse place if McCoist wasn't there

Unless ally was to lift the lid on some spectactular shenanigans going at the club i have no interest in his opinions on anything other than his football team. That is the area he needs to concentrate on and talk about if he feels the need to grace a camera... I don't get the impression that he feels under any pressure.