Blind loyalty has always been an achilles heel for our support and it's been played upon for all it's worth.

The support have been 'played' for many years by spinning professionals with mind-sets, confusion and division uppermost. I can imagine pre-2011, when SDM was talking to Irvine with or about CW and ensuing conversations between Irvine and other incoming sp.ivs that the Toxic Spinner would crack a joke when he descibed how easy it was to 'play' the Rangers support.

----------------------------------------------------------

Just a thought, imagine there was truly a lot of positives in and around Ibrox opposed to an Omnishambes.

How would our German poster DB, be able to contain himself given how he perceives an omnishambles ?

Big business knows that football fans, due to their unswerving loyalty to club, are unlikely to question owners very hard.

New owners come in, say some nice things, and fans then defend them to the hilt until it's too late. Fans tend to hate their own for even questioning the boardroom and of course the Rangers support makes a big thing about being loyal.

From a ruthless business point of view, football fans present a wonderful opportunity for exploitation. They are customers who keep buying the product even when it is tired and useless.

If a stadium leaseback happens, it will be presented as a wonderful opportunity to invest in the team, and some of us - thankfully not all - will buy it.

The faith that people have in big business is mystifying - and worrying.

dB - I have every sympathy for some of the criticism that goes your way for having some of your opinions. However, there's a big difference between playing devil's advocate and completely ignoring the facts in front of you.

The simple fact is we have a club, manager and team which is under-performing. Perhaps well enough to secure promotions but under-performing nonetheless and under-performing enough to remove up to 20,000 fans from season ticket purchases.

If that's not worthy of strong discussion then I don't know what is.

Sure enough. There are reasons for the 15k drop in ST sales (thus far), as much as there are reasons for the amount of STs after admin and the year thereafter. The reasons for the drop are manyfold and I'm sure not saying the club or the board is doing well - as people will have noted. Likewise you wonder - as I wrote above - what people actually expect and expected to happen since the new board was appointed. They work with essentially f*cked up finances (and that is the status quo they have to work with ... and no blaming on previous boards will change that) and a sub-standard team on the park (even though that is debatable as well, given where we are). Still, when you ask people what they would do right now and how quickly that will bear fruit, the useful replies (if any) peter out quickly. At this moment and time we have to life with our reality and drumming on about that things must get better ('cause we are rubbish and sub-standard) are fine and well, but won't change the status quo. And you find such comments on the club next to every day, so by now we all know what people are thinking. Hence it gets rather tiring to read it all again and again after another defeat or draw or sub-standard performance. Not least when we are talking about pre-season bashes. And you start to wonder what use another (sic!) "strong discussion" will have. And don't get me wrong here, people shall do what the like, but what will come of it this fair day then? In short? The board is heinous and evil, the coach is rubbish, we have no scouting, the players are sub-standard, the world is shyte! Wrapped in different words. All fair and well - that is what a board is for. At the end of the day, it only serves in letting off steam and frustration and join up the line of many previous threads on the same matter. Will we get any ideas for changing things though? What could be done about it? Beyond the 15,873rd (unreasonable (because unrealsitic)) call for the manager's head and the sacking of players and using of youngsters? Hence I call articles as the above into question somewhat, even though they are valid enough and represent the chagrin of the support about what is going on - mine included. We sure shouldn't sit idly and take it all on the chin ... and I'm not saying that, BTW. But any sort of realistic approach would be a change from the current norm.

And while we are at it, much like club and company, this board is not working in a bi-polar reality, though quite a few chaps work tirelessly to make turn it into one (and will sure enough queue up and blame me for that ... EDIT: just take the posting & quote above as an example, with the "blind loyalty" stuff being utter conjecture and are way beyond truth).

I firmly believe that it doesn't take a team of superstars to make a top quality team. I believe Germany are a perfect example, they don't have any stand-out superstar(s) like Neymar/Messi etc. What they do have is a group of good quality players who function very well as a team.

Compare that to our current squad. On paper over the past few years we have had a good squad (especially considering where we've been playing). We have had a decent mixture experience & youth, some players with international experience. Yet they still look like a team cobbled together 24hrs before a match.. There is very little cohesion within the team.

That being the case, where does the lack of cohesion come from??? IMHO, that responsibility rests with the management team. It is there responsibility to ensure they get the most out of each & every one of their players - can ANYONE honestly say that has been the case with McCoist, Durrant & McDowell???

Based on what has been seen over the past 2-3 years, McCoist will struggle in the SPFL - i think at best, we'd finish mid-table if we're lucky.

Now is the time to change the management team, when there is less pressure. get someone in who can mould the team into a cohesive unit and take things from there.

I firmly believe that it doesn't take a team of superstars to make a top quality team. I believe Germany are a perfect example, they don't have any stand-out superstar(s) like Neymar/Messi etc. What they do have is a group of good quality players who function very well as a team.

Compare that to our current squad. On paper over the past few years we have had a good squad (especially considering where we've been playing). We have had a decent mixture experience & youth, some players with international experience. Yet they still look like a team cobbled together 24hrs before a match.. There is very little cohesion within the team.

That being the case, where does the lack of cohesion come from??? IMHO, that responsibility rests with the management team. It is there responsibility to ensure they get the most out of each & every one of their players - can ANYONE honestly say that has been the case with McCoist, Durrant & McDowell???

Based on what has been seen over the past 2-3 years, McCoist will struggle in the SPFL - i think at best, we'd finish mid-table if we're lucky.

Now is the time to change the management team, when there is less pressure. get someone in who can mould the team into a cohesive unit and take things from there.

No, Germany are full of world class players and the likes of Neuer, Kroos, schweinsteiger and Muller are up there with anyone. Germany have the best squad in the world (aside from maybe Spain).

A better example would be Greece in Euro 2004.

We will struggle to win the SFL1 under him. Away games are going to be miserable.

As much as I understand peoples frustrations - I cannot see us struggling at all.

Hibs and Hearts are rotten - it is very difficult for a team to go from whipping boys in the SPL to winning every week.