I was expecting a far more balanced appraisal and still not expecting McCoist to come out rosy in the slightest but the OP seems to rely on a lot of the popular memes on this site that are generally far from validated in my eyes. I do think there is enough to criticise McCoist for that can be applied more fairly without resorting to a very blurred, subjective take.

The quoted one above is a good example:

I really didn't know it was a fact that Ally has removed 20k from the season ticket holders... Without some information to substantiate it, I find it hard to remove this apparent cause from the pleas of a former investor and several fan groups to not buy tickets due to the lack of trust in the board. Maybe the anti-management reason agrees with some anecdotal representation on this forum but I don't see the real evidence for applying it to the support as a whole, and it's all a bit coincidental with the latter reason. Stronger evidence is required for such a big stick to be wielded.

There are several other arguments like this in the piece that to me are far from robust and I would be more comfortable if much of it had been given a more reasonable defence when previously challenged on the forum, which is all a bit disappointing.

I would agree though, that the sentiment of the piece is representative of the majority view of this forum as I see it, but it also seems that those with an opposing view are being marginalised by being told they are clueless or blind to the "facts" rather than providing what should be an easy defence if these facts are water-tight and so openly obvious.

Hardly - read the post again and avoid the selective quoting.

What I wrote was the following:

The simple fact is we have a club, manager and team which is under-performing. Perhaps well enough to secure promotions but under-performing nonetheless and under-performing enough to remove up to 20,000 fans from season ticket purchases.

In other words the whole club is under performing: ergo, there are many reasons for the ticket shortfall. The manager is just one and that's what we're talking about here.

Now, what other 'blurred' flaws in the piece would you like to challenge?

In all of these posts of 'Ally bashing and board bashing', there was not one post that offered either a new board which would work or a new manager who would perform his duties to the level required.

If we get rid of Ally who is going to pick his replacement, this board?

If we get rid of the board first, who is going to pick a new board and then pick Ally's replacement?

I believe the 'Dear Abby' column is two doors down.

Hardly - read the post again and avoid the selective quoting.

What I wrote was the following:

In other words the whole club is under performing: ergo, there are many reasons for the ticket shortfall. The manager is just one and that's what we're talking about here.

Sorry, the selective quoting was for brevity, not for taking anything out of context.

While the club part is in there, the way I inferred your point was to mostly tar him with the brush, and although the club but waters that down a bit, it's still there and, to me, still not very fair. It "defocuses" any of the reasons and implies they are all equal, and when you consider the team is McCoist domain then it starts to look at least 2/3 due to him.

For me, to use it in any way for a stick to beat him with, you need to have more info. It's also a bit damning of the reputedly super loyal support. I would prefer to think that people are boycotting the tickets to force the hand of a toxic board that are bad for health of the club than merely because, despite a league season of winning almost every game and never losing, they don't like the style of football. That sounds a bit lame for a "loyal" fan to me when you consider the fans of most other clubs in Scotland.

Now, what other 'blurred' flaws in the piece would you like to challenge?

The "blew a huge lead over Celtic" part is pretty blurred considering they had two games in hand. It's also a bit of a conflicting criticism which ignores an obvious point.

"European exits from that year remain a huge source of embarrassment." While they were bad it's hardly the most embarrassing exit we've had over the years and it's not exactly unusual for Rangers.

There's other stuff but a lot of it seems to come under the "we're not as good as we were" which is a bit circular and obvious due to our circumstances. I think to condemn Ally, there needs to be fairer comparisons.

In all of these posts of 'Ally bashing and board bashing', there was not one post that offered either a new board which would work or a new manager who would perform his duties to the level required.

If we get rid of Ally who is going to pick his replacement, this board?

If we get rid of the board first, who is going to pick a new board and then pick Ally's replacement?

I believe the 'Dear Abby' column is two doors down.

I'm sure even this board could find a much better manager than McCoist.

Your logic is ridiculous though. Basically saying lets continue with failure because we might not get any better.

Well written and sound piece, Frankie. I'd take issue with this bit though:

"However, I’m sure the manager himself would be the first to admit, neither have we been overly inspiring. "

He has consistently and unwaveringly claimed the very opposite. The truly terrifying thing is that he thinks he has got it right on the pitch. After the Raith debacle he claimed, in all seriousness (though it made one think of homes for the mentally challenged) that we'd many more good days than bad days in the last two years, for all the world as though we had been in leagues with teams of equal resources. And time and again he's rubbished the idea - as have our players - that we play horrible football.

I'm sure even this board could find a much better manager than McCoist.

Your logic is ridiculous though. Basically saying lets continue with failure because we might not get any better.

No, I am not saying we should continue with failure ( as relative as that is ).

However, I am asking you (plural) to offer who would succeed the present incumbents (board and/or manager and/or players ).

You must, however, show how these replacements will enhance the product.

Constructive complaints with with well-thought out solutions are useful.