Derek McInnes would be a huge improvement. Absolutely light years ahead of Ally and on a fraction of the wage.

I wouldn't go near McInnes. In fact I wouldn't go near anyone who might be considered to be a Walter Smith disciple.

McInnes might be better than McCoist, but the club needs a complete change of football culture and it won't happen under McInnes.

Derek McInnes would be a huge improvement. Absolutely light years ahead of Ally and on a fraction of the wage.

Anyone would be a huge improvement, and i mean anyone. I still think we should be expecting better than Del McInnes who was outdone by Stuart McCall last year and had treble McCalls budget to play with! We need someone intelligent, bright, energetic and ambitious. Someone bold and not afraid of opponents weak and strong. Someone who wants to rebrand this football club and make themselves a living legend at the club. I am not convinced a manager like that lies in Scotland.

Anyone would be a huge improvement, and i mean anyone. I still think we should be expecting better than Del McInnes who was outdone by Stuart McCall last year and had treble McCalls budget to play with! We need someone intelligent, bright, energetic and ambitious. Someone bold and not afraid of opponents weak and strong. Someone who wants to rebrand this football club and make themselves a living legend at the club. I am not convinced a manager like that lies in Scotland.

Are you talking about a guy like CFC just picked up or are you talking about a new Jose Mourinho? Do you have a name?

Are you talking about a guy like CFC just picked up or are you talking about a new Jose Mourinho? Do you have a name?

Cfc have taken the risk with ronnie bhoy now as i'm sure they feel confident that even if it doesnt work out they will still win the league. If the gamble works then they may well have unearthed a gem. If not they will go big on next appointment.. Who knows. Its the kind of appointment we should have made two seasons ago. Fresh start, should have got out of third with eyes closed etc etc. Only change we can make now is a proven safe bet...

No, Germany are full of world class players and the likes of Neuer, Kroos, schweinsteiger and Muller are up there with anyone. Germany have the best squad in the world (aside from maybe Spain).

A better example would be Greece in Euro 2004.

Costa Rica, Algeria, The USA in the recent world cup showed us what team work with no world class players does. Costa Rica came out of the World cup unbeaten over 5 x 90 minutes after playing Uruguay, Italy, England, Greece and Holland - what odds would you have got on that.

McCoist is the poorest manager in my time following Rangers, possibly the poorest in clubs history.

I didnt think we would see worse than Big Alex McLeish's last season when finishing 3rd in the 2 team league but the football under McCoist has been worse. McLeish playing players out of position was bad but Ally playing 4-5-1 then on occasions being outplayed by part time teams is a new level.

We all love Ally as a player and person but its been obvious for too long now that managerial and coaching the team isn't his forte. Whether he would improve with a quality number 2 is another thing but adding to the coaching team isn't something he has even looked at. An example is West Ham, they are used to playing good football and the board have asked Allardyce to go more attacking therefore brought in Teddy Sheringham as a coach over the summer to at least try an improve.

Cfc have taken the risk with ronnie bhoy now as i'm sure they feel confident that even if it doesnt work out they will still win the league. If the gamble works then they may well have unearthed a gem. If not they will go big on next appointment.. Who knows. Its the kind of appointment we should have made two seasons ago. Fresh start, should have got out of third with eyes closed etc etc. Only change we can make now is a proven safe bet...

No, not really mate. I don't believe Deila meets my criteria. He is a nobody, someone for Liewell and his board to bully and do things their way. I'm not really a big fan of Mourinho tbh mate so probably not that either. No names atm, i would need to have a right good sit down and think about it.

In all of these posts of 'Ally bashing and board bashing', there was not one post that offered either a new board which would work or a new manager who would perform his duties to the level required.

If we get rid of Ally who is going to pick his replacement, this board?

If we get rid of the board first, who is going to pick a new board and then pick Ally's replacement?

I believe the 'Dear Abby' column is two doors down.

Not sure if you're including my original post as Ally bashing but just in case, I completely appreciate I'm reasonably good at asking questions and not quite as good at offering solutions or alternatives.

The problem I have is that rather than look for someone else, I'd rather the incumbent examined any criticism and looked to improve rather than anything else. If not, then I'm sure there are many able successors and I won't begin to try and select one.

Even so, I don't think it's right to censor criticism just in case we don't have a solution to it. I try to be constructive where I can and hiding from such discussion would only hold us back.

Sorry, the selective quoting was for brevity, not for taking anything out of context.

While the club part is in there, the way I inferred your point was to mostly tar him with the brush, and although the club but waters that down a bit, it's still there and, to me, still not very fair. It "defocuses" any of the reasons and implies they are all equal, and when you consider the team is McCoist domain then it starts to look at least 2/3 due to him.

For me, to use it in any way for a stick to beat him with, you need to have more info. It's also a bit damning of the reputedly super loyal support. I would prefer to think that people are boycotting the tickets to force the hand of a toxic board that are bad for health of the club than merely because, despite a league season of winning almost every game and never losing, they don't like the style of football. That sounds a bit lame for a "loyal" fan to me when you consider the fans of most other clubs in Scotland.

The "blew a huge lead over Celtic" part is pretty blurred considering they had two games in hand. It's also a bit of a conflicting criticism which ignores an obvious point.

"European exits from that year remain a huge source of embarrassment." While they were bad it's hardly the most embarrassing exit we've had over the years and it's not exactly unusual for Rangers.

There's other stuff but a lot of it seems to come under the "we're not as good as we were" which is a bit circular and obvious due to our circumstances. I think to condemn Ally, there needs to be fairer comparisons.

I'm afraid offering up the suggestion the manager and our style of play is at least partly responsible for ticket shortfall is completely fair. After all, we have many people on this forum and elsewhere laying clear that's their own reason for not attending matches. You or I may disagree with that reason (and FWIW, I do) but it's a valid one nonetheless - especially when ticket prices are rising.

I'd also consider a nine point lead (sans games in hand) a huge one. Yes, there were reasons for that in part (administration or the threat of it being the main one) but it's a lead blown nonetheless. Ergo it worries me that we'd be unable to retain such a lead in the future - if it does indeed happen.

Yes, we have had many embarrassments over the years - in Europe or not. However, two in quick succession against the most minor of opposition doesn't happen very often - if at all. Add in the defeats to Forfar, QoS and Raith in domestic cups since then it's not a record to be proud of. People are entitled to ask why we're so poor in the cups - especially when, as assistant manager, McCoist supposedly led us to victories there.

To be honest, if the above are your only complaints about the article then I think your use of memes and anecdotes within your own criticism are less than fair. Sure, the argument over McCoist (and the club's) performance may well be circular (I, for one, find it tiresome all too often) but if we're prepared to hide from what I feel was as mild or as diplomatic criticism as you'll get then the baw is indeed burst.

I don't consider myself as a reactionary or gratuitous in my commentary. I won't say I'm always right and, yes, as acknowledged above I won't always offer alternatives or factual evidence for claims. However, I'd always consider my work balanced and won't apologise for focussing on any subject I think is a worthy one.

Ally McCoist has been in charge now for over three years. His performance and the reasons for it are subject of daily debate amongst fans. It would be completely remiss of this site not to discuss the lack of progress on that front. And, I can assure you, if McCoist does turn it round - as I'm sure we all hope - I'll be among the very first to write about it.