Of all the people in recent times who had the inside seat at rangers, but failed miserably to use it well, Malcolm Murray must be numero uno..

How so , he was just a patsy as CG held all the power , its far too easy to blame MM

How so , he was just a patsy as CG held all the power , its far too easy to blame MM

Whilst chairman was he aware of the 'onerous contracts' being given out? If so why didn't he speak out at the time and resign?

He seems to have a lot more to say now he's out of it. He signed of many of the onerous contracts apparently. Did he have a gun to his head or did he choose to play the game?

Chelsea seem the most appropriate example.

Are you referring to Chelsea Pitchowners? Do they not own the freehold for SB? They paid quite a lot of money for it as I recall. Will yesterday's guys be willing to cough up the money for Ibrox and MP?

Whilst chairman was he aware of the 'onerous contracts' being given out? If so why didn't he speak out at the time and resign?

I doubt he did and doubt Walter Smith did either in his spell as Chairman, both were non-executive Chairmen.

I doubt he did and doubt Walter Smith did either in his spell as Chairman, both were non-executive Chairmen.

I'd find it difficult to believe he didn't know about these contracts especially the one Stockbridge got for the recent shares

I'd find it difficult to believe he didn't know about these contracts especially the one Stockbridge got for the recent shares

Really?

Our esteemed CEO, present Chairman, present Directors and Deloittes our auditors were unaware but somehow Malcolm Murray had to know?

Are you referring to Chelsea Pitchowners? Do they not own the freehold for SB? They paid quite a lot of money for it as I recall. Will yesterday's guys be willing to cough up the money for Ibrox and MP?

I am sure many many people would pay plenty.

Really?

Our esteemed CEO, present Chairman, present Directors and Deloittes our auditors were unaware but somehow Malcolm Murray had to know?

Surely a chairman worth his salt would be insisting he saw everything, and in light of all the issues at rangers it would not be asking to much to expect him to be poking his nose into everything. If he was denied access then that would surely be the biggest red light. I don't know the details on what went on behind the scenes but it is hard to believe that a blind eye wasn't turned, whether through fear (of own job), ignorance or imcompetence or nose in trough syndrome. Malcolm murray is a huge irrelevance unless he has found himself a set and ready to lay it all bare...