20 years almost seems to pass in the blink of an eye, although it's maybe an exaggerated fast-forward effect if your twenties were as blurry as mine. :coolio:

I know that feeling mate. I just hit my thirties recently and it doesn't half hit!! That laudrup story makes me feel old. Twenty years :o Best player I've ever seen and I don't think we'll ever seen anyone near as good for a number of years

Best player I've ever seen and I don't think we'll ever seen anyone near as good for a number of years

Laudrup was a different class altogether with a football at his feet.

The best player we've had in recent years with top class ball skill and a different level of football brain is Vladimír Weiss and thankfully he's a player who might just come back to us at some point! Put that wee guy in a good quality Rangers team and give him regular games and I'm certain he'd help us back to where we belong.

Amazing that's its 20 years. I still remember his first league game against Motherwell when he ran almost the length of the pitch to set up Duncan Ferguson for the winner, it was then I knew we had a player who would change the Scottish game.

Too many highlights to list from him.

I'll say we wont see a player as good as Laudrup at Rangers again, Laudrup was up there with the best.

I remember his first moment on the ball in our half, faced with an advanced full back, he shimmied one way then the other and left him for dead.

In the top 3 most talented players ever to wear the colours IMHO.

Remember playing a very good Ajax at Ibrox when we had almost a full team missing. The bookies were receiving bets all over the place that we would get hammered by at least 4. were The Master was made captain that night and he tormented Ajax almost single handedly. A guy next to me had £200 at even money for Ajax to win. We lost 1-0 but I remember Van Vossen scraped the post near the end and this guy had his head in his hands.

Ajax immediately put a bid in for him after that game if I recall.

I don't like to go overboard about players like they are any better than the normal punter, but Laudrup had utter class coming out of very pore. I loved the guy as a man and a player. He epitomises what Rangers should be about.

Don't know where he would have fitted in a midfield of VB, Albertz, Ferguson and Reyna. Would have had to play up front with Mols...

Having Laudrup upfront with Mols would have been ideal and dream partnership and may have been the difference in our Euro campaign that season.