Here's the killer question:

Laudrup or Cooper???

Got to agree with Bluedell, I dont think it is anywhere near close.

While Cooper was a fantastic player on his day, his days were not as often as they should have been. He wasn't helped by playing a large chunk of his Rangers career in a poor side that didn't have a realistic title chance, but too many games just went by him.

Strange as it may seem now, most of us were more excited about Basile Boli who signed at the same time.

You are right, I thought Boli was the man to take us towards the Champions League title, and while when they signed I knew of Laudrup and was hopeful that he was going to be good, (nobody thought he was going to turn out THAT good), I thought the signing of Boli was an incredible catch for us.

I still cannot believe to this day that Smith played one of Europe's best centre backs at right back at Easter Road. Can't remember who played CB that day, but playing Boli at RB had us all totally stunned, and was probably when Boli decided enough was enough.

Guest Unicorn
He was played out of position. (Funnily enough!)

I may be wrong here but I only remember Boli playing at right back once. It seemed to me like he never really wanted to be here - like he turned up to places like Brockville and Rugby Park and thought 'What the Hell am I doing here?'.

Ahhh Laudrup - The Great Dane - The Prince Of Denmark.

A real high level water mark in our history - one of the best, if not THE best player in our history.

A class act on and off the pitch.

God how i miss his sublime entertainment.

Strange as it may seem now, most of us were more excited about Basile Boli who signed at the same time.

Boli had won the champions league and we'd seen him play a few times. Laudrup was someone who wasn't getting much of a game (although he did play 7 games for Milan in the CL) and was still a bit in his brother's shadow. Don't remember people not being excited by Brian though as he'd helped Denmark win the European Championship. They definitely both seemed like blue chip signings at the time.

I remember that Chick Young interview where he said the two signings weren't good enough for Europe...

Laudrup was a bit better than Cooper for two reasons: he could use his other foot, and was more consistent. Davie had far more off days where he didn't look interested. Fantastic when he was in the mood though.

Woulda loved to have seen Laudrup in Advocaat's team a player like that is what it was missing

Don't know where he would have fitted in a midfield of VB, Albertz, Ferguson and Reyna. Would have had to play up front with Mols...