The first part with Barrowman and Dunbar was truly horrific leading onto a dreadful performance from Susan Boyle who forgot her words and then was out of key for most of her song.

The ballet though was pretty good with an emotional version of 500 Miles; as was the introduction of the Queen and the singing of the National Anthem. I switched the PS3 on after that so can't comment on anything else.

TB: I was sitting in the Sir John Moore for a few hours watching the golf on Saturday (pre a mate's stag do) and there were loads of those Ford cars coming and going at the Radisson Blu hotel opposite. I'm assuming that wasn't the athletes staying there...! ;)

I thought the whole thing was terrible. Admittedly I was only half watching the farce.

Do you not have a Ps4 :D?

We seen the red arrows fly over south Lanarkshire on way to Glasgow .have to say , it's pathetic. I certainly don't see the 'buzz' where I'm stuck in traffic for two weeks and the I can't get near our main office with a car .

The mad cyclists went a drive down the m74 yesterday. That

was funny.

Opening ceremony was cringeworthy . .points of note: park heads first full house for over a year... Her majesty the Queen making an appearance at cultic park and the red white and blue of the arrows over it was just awesome

I thought the whole thing was terrible. Admittedly I was only half watching the farce.

Do you not have a Ps4 :D?

Don't need the PS4 yet - will probably get it later in the year.

Have to say, I can't get interested in opening ceremonies, even the good ones, so something like last night's effort at the Brendonbeu with Rod Stewart and Subo blasting out of the TV has zero appeal to me.

Have to say, I can't get interested in opening ceremonies, even the good ones, so something like last night's effort at the Brendonbeu with Rod Stewart and Subo blasting out of the TV has zero appeal to me.

Rod Stewart was terrible and Ms Boyle was worse if that's possible.

Did Barrowman really NEED to kiss that lad?

Nessie etc were just cringeworthy.

The screen was awesome (what happens to it now?) as were the fireworks over the Clyde.

The Queen, Red Arrows in red, white and blue and the National Anthem sing with gusto at Parkhead; all quite ironic.

Nicola Bernedetti saved the night for me.

Late night for HMQ; where was she billeted?

All in all I thought it was quite good. You are never going to please everyone. The choice of John Barrowman and Karen Dunbar was truly baffling. Cheap panto stars for me. Especially Dunbar who is truly cringeworthy and a minor star even in Glasgow.

I liked the gay kiss, the ballet, the rendition of Hamish Henderson's beautiful song by the South African soprano, Nicola on the violin and Connolly tribute to Mandela. I also liked the madness of the Amy McDonald musical number in George Square but hey I like a good musical.

The biggest question for me (which I have yet to hear asked...) is why was the Opening Ceremony was at Darkhead in the first place? Must be the first time that the opening ceremony has not taken place in the main stadium?

Well, sorry to break the mould but I am delighted at the buzz around the city, the transformation of Dalmarnock in the space of 10-15 years is a credit to the city council even if there are vested interests. My mum and her family were all raised in the shadow of Celtc Park and they can't believe the transformation of the area.

It seems that some folk are only happy when they're moaning and that's a shame as it's a big world out there and no amount of moaning will change what has happened.

I got the train from Shettleston into the town and the train is packed, helped in part to Fair Fortnight, but the people are embracing the games. It's not the Olympics but it's probably as close to we'll get to an Olympics as long as the UK stays as one.

I am delighted that Glasgow got the games, I only wish that the opening ceremony showcased Ibrox but 30 years of mismanagement and short-sightedness put paid to that.

Hope Tonga get fucked too :twisted:

Well, sorry to break the mould but I am delighted at the buzz around the city, the transformation of Dalmarnock in the space of 10-15 years is a credit to the city council even if there are vested interests. My mum and her family were all raised in the shadow of Celtc Park and they can't believe the transformation of the area.

It seems that some folk are only happy when they're moaning and that's a shame as it's a big world out there and no amount of moaning will change what has happened.

I got the train from Shettleston into the town and the train is packed, helped in part to Fair Fortnight, but the people are embracing the games. It's not the Olympics but it's probably as close to we'll get to an Olympics as long as the UK stays as one.

I am delighted that Glasgow got the games, I only wish that the opening ceremony showcased Ibrox but 30 years of mismanagement and short-sightedness put paid to that.

Hope Tonga get fucked too :twisted:

Not sure if the opening ceremony had much to do with our mismanagement tbh. I'm still not sure why it wasn't at Hampden....

Looking forward to the 7's at Ibrox. My old man was joking the other night that it will probably be the most exciting thing we have seen at Ibrox in years after having to suffer Ally's brand of "Total Shit Football" for the last 3 years....

All in all I thought it was quite good. You are never going to please everyone. The choice of John Barrowman and Karen Dunbar was truly baffling. Cheap panto stars for me. Especially Dunbar who is truly cringeworthy and a minor star even in Glasgow.

I liked the gay kiss' date=' the ballet, the rendition of Hamish Henderson's beautiful song by the South African soprano, Nicola on the violin and Connolly tribute to Mandela. I also liked the madness of the Amy McDonald musical number in George Square but hey I like a good musical.

The biggest question for me (which I have yet to hear asked...) is why was the Opening Ceremony was at Darkhead in the first place? Must be the first time that the opening ceremony has not taken place in the main stadium?[/quote']

Agree with all of that and would only say that celtic park worked fantastically well as a venue, simply because of the architecture of the place. My only grip was the fact that the club name and date was illuminated throughout the evening - the fact that it was there and so prominent was a disgrace. WTF does cfc have to to with the CG?

Agree with all of that and would only say that celtic park worked fantastically well as a venue, simply because of the architecture of the place. My only grip was the fact that the club name and date was illuminated throughout the evening - the fact that it was there and so prominent was a disgrace. WTF does cfc have to to with the CG?

I agree with regards to the dimensions of the CP but that's by the by tbh. Surely this would have cost more to have it at Parkhead considering the closing ceremony is at Hampden. Seems you would be doubling the costs by having 2 stadia set up for ceremonial events? I also agree with regards the illuminated Celtic sign. Why didn't have a CG sign up? Maybe their Parkhead refurb budget ran out of money....? Or maybe it was saved it for the regeneration of the Gallowgate?? Or Brother Walfrid Way as I'm sure it will be called soon....