Next Gers Captain?

I can only see Barry Ferguson getting this back. Gavin Rae wont play enough games to be permanent captain and Prso will retire in the summer.

Who does that leave???? Nobody but Ferguson. I dont want him to take it back but he is a better option than most of the squad.

I think you're right, i doubt anybody coming into the club would get it right off the cuff and like you say there's not alot in the squad at the moment that are 'captain material'.

If Todd or Weir do come in and are to stay for a couple of years then i would say one of them should get it after Rae.

I'd rather bring a proper captain - an experienced, international, centre half.

I agree with Gribz but Calscot makes the best point. I f Smith and Mccoist come in Ferguson will definetly get the armband back. It`s the same old tired cliches at Rangers all the time now.

I was actually hoping we could nick in and steal Mathew Upson from Birmingham. He is an underrated England international who may be interested in us for the european football.

http://www.blues.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10412~5474,00.html

Another one i`d like is Damien johnson of Birmingham. Top class Irish international who would bring a wealth of experience to our midfeild

http://www.blues.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10412~11133,00.html

Upson will cost upwards of �£4m and isn't experienced enough to be captain material IMO. I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good signing but I doubt we can afford him.

What we need is a Richard Gough / Colin Hendry type but they are few and far between.

If you believe some of the press stories then Ferguson won't ever be Captain again whilst SDM is there.

Depends on what stories you believe.

One thing I do know is that I DON'T want Barry Ferguson to be Rangers captain - too much water has passed under the bridge and whilst he may have been PLG's scapegoat there is no doubt in my mind that he wasn't completely innocent.

If you believe some of the press stories then Ferguson won't ever be Captain again whilst SDM is there.

Depends on what stories you believe.

One thing I do know is that I DON'T want Barry Ferguson to be Rangers captain - too much water has passed under the bridge and whilst he may have been PLG's scapegoat there is no doubt in my mind that he wasn't completely innocent.

Craig you can only go on what PLG said as far as ferguson is concerned so we dont really know the truth. people are being very quick to judge him on PLGs passing remarks and it isnt really fair. If he was such a disruptive influence for so long then why did PLG play him?

There isn't anyone in the current Rangers team capable of being a successful captain for us. If Walter and the serial shagger (McCoist) are brought in then Fergie will be given the captains armband. How can he not be club captain yet be the national captain? Isn't that a bit unusual?