Just watched the highlights from Man U v Villa. Larsson played very well and could have had a hattrick. He took his goal very well.

I know he is an ex celtic player but you have to admire him as a world class striker. He went to Barca and was brilliant and turned the CL final for them. He has now came to Man U and had an impressive debut. All this after 2 career threating injuries.

He's about the only player i admire and would have in a Rangers team to come out of tic park for a long time. He had his pick of teams to go to at the begining of this season before he went back to Sweden.

Top class player, good to see him sticking it to MON in his first game for Man Utd. :D

I have a friend who is a die-hard Man U fan, he is also English.

This time last year we had a football team Xmas night out (always do it after Xmas as most people leave the island for Xmas) and we had an argument about whether or not Henrik Larsson was good enough to play for Man U (after Ferguson had previously tried to sign him).

He refused to believe that any player from the SPL was good enough to play in the EPL, let alone for Man U.

Another Scottish friend and I tried to convince him with what Larsson does aside from score goals and he wouldn't be convinced - am pretty sure that he will have changed his mind after watching Larsson on Sunday though.

I am like you Chris, I actually very much admire Henrik Larsson - quality player, great finisher, assists too, great hunger for the game - something we could still be doing with at Ibrox.

quality player, great finisher, assists too, great hunger for the game - something we could still be doing with at Ibrox.

Something we've been missing for way too long.

Hard to believe he only cost them (tic) about �£600k.

Just watched the highlights from Man U v Villa. Larsson played very well and could have had a hattrick. He took his goal very well.

I know he is an ex celtic player but you have to admire him as a world class striker. He went to Barca and was brilliant and turned the CL final for them. He has now came to Man U and had an impressive debut. All this after 2 career threating injuries.

Agreed, you can't help but like the guy. This is where the old firm have a mutual respect for one another. They admired Cooper, Laudrup, Mccoist etc.

I have to say that I admired Larsson and still do.

I have a friend who is a die-hard Man U fan, he is also English.

This time last year we had a football team Xmas night out (always do it after Xmas as most people leave the island for Xmas) and we had an argument about whether or not Henrik Larsson was good enough to play for Man U (after Ferguson had previously tried to sign him).

He refused to believe that any player from the SPL was good enough to play in the EPL, let alone for Man U.

Another Scottish friend and I tried to convince him with what Larsson does aside from score goals and he wouldn't be convinced - am pretty sure that he will have changed his mind after watching Larsson on Sunday though.

I am like you Chris, I actually very much admire Henrik Larsson - quality player, great finisher, assists too, great hunger for the game - something we could still be doing with at Ibrox.

I bet he`s eating a large slice of humble pie.

Agreed, you can't help but like the guy. This is where the old firm have a mutual respect for one another. They admired Cooper, Laudrup, Mccoist etc.

I have to say that I admired Larsson and still do.

Yeah, he is a total pro who id have in my team any day of the week. There isnt much of there players who spring to mind that ive respected but he certainly is 1.

The only other i can think of would be Lambert for his play, i thought he was an great midfielder.