I know what you're saying BH, but it's a minor technicality, nothing else. To suggest the 25th man in this case was any sort of sporting advantage is just nonsense. Legia drew 1-1 with St Pats in the first leg and then went into the away leg and completely fairly beat them 5-0. Likewise in the two legs against Celtic, nobody can say Legia cheated. They royally humped them in Poland and came to Edinburgh and won the match fairly. The whole thing's a joke.

Every club has a football administrator tasked with knowing the ins and outs of the rules set by the various organising committees and ensuring that their club adheres to them.

The person working for Legia has cocked it up big time, and it will prove costly, but it won't happen again at that club or any other which has fallen foul of those rules. Every club signs up to them at the start of every season and as such, it is a level playing field.

Let's be completely honest here, with £20m at stake, if it happened to us the Club and Fans would take it and move on. We might feel a bit sheepish when we got off the train in Maribor, but we would take it nonetheless, knowing it guaranteed us a place in the Group stages of one of the competitions.

In any event there is not one thing Celtic can do about it. If they were to suggest to UEFA that they should go by the result of the match, UEFA would say NO, the Rules are the Rules. If they then said well, we're not playing in the CLQ4 on that basis, they wouldn't be allowed into the ELQ4. If they then withdrew from the CL, what would that achieve? Sporting integrity, yes it would but would you expect Rangers to do it in similar circumstances, no you wouldn't; in fact I would venture to suggest that most folks would say, don't be daft, Legia screwed up let's take the chance and get on with it.

It's a bad Rule which could easily be fixed by insertion of two little words "may be"; but we can moan all we like, it isn't going to be changed this season at least.

I'd be embarrassed to go support us in a tournament if we got through on a technicality after such a riding. The Celtic fans busying themselves gloating about it, don't realise they're about to get fleeced for another 4 homes games, in a tournament they have zero chance of winning, and barely a chance of even escaping the group stages.

They've made the groups unchallenged for 2 seasons and their squad has gotten worse, not better. It's only a win for the money men these days. The CL has been annoying me for years, this is just the icing on the cake. I don't know why so many of us are dying to be part of it again. It's now a sewn up monopoly, and we haven't been on the guest list for a decade. Teams from countries like ours are nothing more than warm up, cannon fodder until the real competition starts.

I presume your questions are directed at our support in general? As a comparison of the two supports ...

We demanded that Rangers started in the 3rd division rather than accept the corrupt plan from Regan and Liewell to drop only to the 1st division.

We wanted to support a team we could be proud of, not one in which we would be embarrased.

well said, that man

So in essence, UEFA either require a list from every club for "all" players to be registered for their European games - 25 of those can be selected for any one game. Or their require a list of 25 players for each game who are registered with the club. If the latter is the case, do they actually force clubs to list all suspended players and thus weakening the pool a manager can chose from, just for the sake that they are deemed "registered" for a certain amount of games? Thus essentially doubling the damage to the club in question - i.e. not only is the player send-off during a game, he can also not be chosen for a certain number of future games and the manager is furthermore restricted in is choice of selection?

So in essence, UEFA either require a list from every club for "all" players to be registered for their European games - 25 of those can be selected for any one game. Or their require a list of 25 players for each game who are registered with the club. If the latter is the case, do they actually force clubs to list all suspended players and thus weakening the pool a manager can chose from, just for the sake that they are deemed "registered" for a certain amount of games? Thus essentially doubling the damage to the club in question - i.e. not only is the player send-off during a game, he can also not be chosen for a certain number of future games and the manager is furthermore restricted in is choice of selection?

A list of up to 25 players needs to be registered for each match. Any suspended players must be included in that number if they wish to use up that suspension. That is how it is for ALL clubs.

A list of up to 25 players needs to be registered for each match. Any suspended players must be included in that number if they wish to use up that suspension. That is how it is for ALL clubs.

I assume you have checked that by now for other instances, yes?

What do you mean by other instances?

Red cards received by other players of others teams this or last season and whether they were listed among the 25 of the following matches despite being "suspended".

E.g., there's a chap that was sent-off against Maribor in the previous qualification round's first leg. Now, try to check out whether he was a "registered" player for the second leg. I'm sure there's a list of all suspended and all registered players of every club somewhere on the UEFA website, so everyone can check this ...

Edited by der Berliner