That is scandalous. UEFA's match officials, delegates and backroom staff at the game should get sanctioned for nonsense like this.

Some folk are saying it won't be as bad as an expulsion, surely the tims can't be that lucky again. A fine would be suffice here i hope.

Good for the co-efficient, BH! :D

Actually it wouldn't make any immediate difference, so far as I know they wouldn't get anything unless perhaps they were awarded the match itself; but I'd need to look that up.

It's then simply a case of being in the CLQ4 where they would be seeded; with Maribor & Malmo by coincidence, as well as their 2008 nemesis Aalborg, Slovan Bratislava and the Bulgarians, Ludogorets Razgrad as possible opponents; or the ELQ4 where they would also be seeded and have along list of possible opponents none of whom have a third of Celtic's points, so they would probably fancy that better in truth, because they SHOULD beat any team on the other side of that draw. That said Legia didn't have half their points and still wiped them out.

Anybody know when UEFA will let us know the outcome of this fiasco?

I don't see anything about a case being opened on the UEFA web site. The only current things about Legia are:

Legia run ten-man Celtic ragged; and Legia ease past Celtic and into play-offs

Well, they are not that quick at UEFA anyway.

As Legia did not register their full 25 players for the St.Patrick games, I assume that they simply deemed it unnecessary to "register" an ineligible" player anyway. Administrative stuff. No relation to the Sion debacle, but akin to another incident a few years back:

However, in 2010, Uefa fined Debrecen £15,000 but rejected a protest from opponents Litex Lovech, who wanted the Hungarian side kicked out of the tournament for fielding an ineligible player.

Debrecen argued that they fielded Peter Mate in good faith as a substitute in Bulgaria when they were leading 4-1 on aggregate.

Uefa ruled that Debrecen had "no interest in fielding this player for the three last minutes of additional time, when the score was so clearly in its favour".

I take it that they will agree that a chap coming on for 4 minutes will not have influenced the course of a tie already 6-1 in Legia's favor.

Well, they are not that quick at UEFA anyway.

As Legia did not register their full 25 players for the St.Patrick games, I assume that they simply deemed it unnecessary to "register" an ineligible" player anyway. Administrative stuff. No relation to the Sion debacle, but akin to another incident a few years back:

I take it that they will agree that a chap coming on for 4 minutes will not have influenced the course of a tie already 6-1 in Legia's favor.

I think you will be correct; but it seems really odd that Legia and indeed the player, allowed it to happen?

I think Celtic will play in the ELQ4 and will probably qualify for the group stages, where they will be in Pot 2 but will find it tough going with the likes of Everton, Hull and Sociedad in Pot 3 and even Partizan Belgrade, Feyenoord and Torino in Pot 4. Oddly there is a possible rematch with Legia as well, not sure if that would be allowed.

There is something very wrong with Euro football if this aberration stands. What is another name for corruption - C ****c?

There is no way that the player could have influenced the result,being 6-1 up when he came on!