http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail.html?announcementId=12035870

Rangers International Football Club plc, today announces that the Company's issued share capital at the date of this announcement consists of 65,810,341 ordinary shares of 1p each ("Ordinary Shares"). The Company does not hold any ordinary shares in treasury. Therefore the total number of Ordinary Shares in the Company with voting rights is 65,810,341.

The above figure may be used by shareholders in the Company as the denominator for the calculations by which they will determine if they are required to notify their interest in, or a change to their interest in, the share capital of the Company under the Financial Conduct Authority's Disclosure and Transparency Rules.

Speculate away gentlemen but it seems there's some sort of influential tug o' war happening...

Have a speculate yourself please. :)

Haha - difficult to say really but for the sake of discussion it could just be a routine pre-cursor to the previously inferred autumn share issue or an attempt to smoke out people's true share-holding position.

After all we supposedly have a fair amount of rumoured investors on the periphery from Dave King to Sir David Murray to AN Other. Or maybe this is just those on the board who are genuinely concerned with corporate governance looking to check where Uncle Tom Cobley with the big hands is currently sitting?

Edited by Frankie

I note the same clarification of voting rights was made on 1st July with relation to Stockbridge share option.

Perhaps this announcement has been made to confirm no-one else has similar options to exercise?

Warning: I'm guessing without any expertise.

Could it be that after the 'Stockbridge 714K shares bombshell', this is to officially quell rumoured doubts regards possible unannounced share options for others ?

Another step towards an attempt to raise finance.

edit.

I see I'm only repeating what Frankie said, sorry.

:redface:

Warning: I'm guessing without any expertise.

Could it be that after the 'Stockbridge 714K shares bombshell', this is to officially quell rumoured doubts regards possible unannounced share options for others ?

Another step towards an attempt to raise finance.

edit.

I see I'm only repeating what Frankie said, sorry.

:redface:

I'm only guessing as well mate but I think it's a reasonable analysis.

A few folk on social media (with a better grip on this kind of stuff than me) suggesting this is just a confirmation of the share situation rather than related to any other stuff. It's always fun to try and read between the lines but I guess, for the most part, the most simple explanation is the correct one... :whistle:

They always include the standard reminder of the total voting rights in any RNS announcements related to share sales, purchases and changes to voting rights, but it's a bit strange for them to release an announcement that's purely just a reminder of the total voting rights. There must be a reason for it.