Steven Whittaker says he's no regrets about quitting Rangers despite his injury nightmare at Norwich.

SCOTLAND defender headed to Carrow Road 2012 when Ibrox club imploded but he has only made 39 appearances since he moved south.

STEVEN Whittaker swears he has no regrets about quitting Ibrox despite an injury nightmare at Norwich.

Whittaker left Rangers in 2012 when they were dumped in the bottom tier and moved to Norwich.

Injuries have restricted him to just 39 appearances and he said: “I knew I could do better than play in the Third Division.

“And I didn’t want to spend three years of my career trying to come back up the leagues.

Norwich offered me the challenge to come south and I have enjoyed it.

“I still have two years here so I am looking forward to what we can achieve.

“I’ve trained hard and all I can do now is make sure I can’t be edged out of the team.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-whittaker-insists-no-regrets-3940468

I never rated him, he always tried to be Maradona and it paid of once but then he was erratic.

The interview still makes me cringe, how dare your boss not knock on your door eh!

He did the right thing. What professional with a decent part of his career left would have endured three years in a football backwater rather than taking the opportunity to earn serious money down south?

Would Lee McCulloch have stayed at Rangers if he'd been a younger man when the roof fell in?

I think it was Whittaker and Naismith who embarrassed themselves at their leaving press conference - which was completely uncalled for - but leaving Rangers was absolutely the right thing to do for any professional player who had more lucrative and worthwhile career options to exploit.

As fans, look how miserable our 'journey' has been. Any player getting a better offer would have been daft to reject it to stay at a club whose future - even now - is still in doubt.

If any of us had been in Naismith's position, would we really have hung around when the English Premiership was an option? Every bit of advice he received would have been to get out, and this was good advice.

The press conference, however, was a disgrace.